Monday, July 14, 2008

Signs and Graffiti ....

First of all my wireless card in my iBook has died. I hope it was a really painful and torturous death too. Anyway, I’m currently using my laptop by running an Ethernet cord from the other room where the modem is. Which is fine, but it does keep me from taking my iBook down to the coffee house and sitting there drinking a latte being all hip and shit. You know how important image is to me!

So, I’m thinking that instead of getting a new airport card I would just get one of those wireless USB thingies. I’ve found a couple of them online that say they would work with my iBook, but I don’t know much about them. Anyone have any experience with them? Do they work as well as putting a wireless card in the computer would?

Any help would be appreciated.


--


Photobucket

Brought to us by the universally loved and admired Tink of Pickled Beef. This weeks words are Graffiti and Sign. I don’t know if Tink will be back this soon or not, but I thought I’d go ahead and post my pics.

Signs...

Read the sign then look just to the left of the garbage can.
IMG_8260

Yeah, that law doesn’t apply to him I guess....

This sign really got lit up!
IMG_8255

Signs, signs, signs ....
IMG_8280

IMG_8283

IMG_8287

IMG_8317

This guy made his own sign..
IMG_8318


I live in a pretty quiet, boring clean town so finding graffiti isn’t easy. We only have one gang here in town. The Mulletheads. They really aren’t too dangerous though, except when they’ve been drinking and decide to go out cow-tipping. Their leader, Jimmy Joe Jackson is pretty ruthless though. I heard that he kicked Billy Roy Watts out of the gang when he caught him drinking wine and reading a book one day. Then there was poor Destiny Rain Hope Brown. They kicked her out when she quit smoking. She tried to tell them it was only while she was pregnant, but rules are rules I guess. Well, of course she was already on probation since they found out that not only did she actually know the father of her first two kids, they in fact had the SAME daddy. Totally unacceptable to the Mulletheads.

Anyway here is all the graffiti I could find here...
IMG_8273

IMG_8271

Sometimes graffiti can be a good thing though. So here’s the mural painted near downtown...
IMG_8278

Actually it was commissioned because that wall was always being covered with graffiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment