Monday, July 28, 2008

fro-yo crazy.


So my boss wants me to make the website for Red Berry, the place I work at, which happens to be a frozen yogurt joint. I have taken web design and intermediate web design and I have sufficient skills to make a nice website, though I think I lack creativity. Well Min, my friend and co-worker took the photos of our yogurt and the interior of our little place.

So in Sacramento, frozen yogurt has taken storm. But unlike usual places in San Diego or L.A. where frozen yogurt is full service, our frozen yogurt places are usually self-serve. YES YOU DO IT YOURSELF!!! Before working at Red Berry, I had a couple experiences at other yogurt joints but I was not a frequent customer to any particular yogurt place. I liked the idea of doing it yourself but I wasn't a big fan yet. Red Berry opened in late May, by Safeway that is two minutes practically from my home and I applied with Min and we were lucky enough to get a job. Well since I have been working there since practically the opening, I know the business in and out. And I eat yogurt practically every day (when working) and I am addicted/sick of it.

Here are some lovely pictures of our dear place:

Our logo (on the wall)

the machines

area where we have the fresh fruit, mochi, chocolate bars, etc
(YES THEY ARE FRESH, we cut them EVERYDAY)


our cool ikea chairs and our variety of toppings


just some examples of our yogurt.

I am a yogurt connoisseur after working for Red Berry for so long (two months?). I think our yogurt is pretty damn good though. And the variety of toppings leave endless choices to change it up each time. Personally I like granola, mandarin oranges, Nabisco cracker crumbs, thin mint cookie grind and lots of butterscotch and hot fudge sauce with my cheesecake frozen yogurt or cheesecake/cookiesncreme swirl yogurt. IT IS PURE SINFUL HEAVEN! Though I get too caught up in trying too many toppings and it ends up in a crunchy mess, with not enough yogurt to spread it out. But still, it is good either way.



---ck.




No comments:

Post a Comment