Sunday, July 13, 2008

nothings gonna change my world.


Wow we haven't updated in a looong time. Well a lot of things has been happening in my life since the last update. One important event is the birth of my baby sister, Sophie Soo Yun Kim--born on July 7, 2008 at 5:15am. I am sorry to not have pictures up because it is on my cousin's camera who has still not uploaded them ;(. The last couple days with this newborn has been crazy. The crazy thing is our seventeen year old difference. But I am not worried about us not being close. Our family is always close. But she is so cute but I realize, babies scare me. Whenever she cries, I am scared to DEATH that I would not be able to get her to stop and sometimes she is so fragile. But she is an angel and I love her to death and she is happy addition and now my family is very happy and in a very good mood (especially my father). Our life has not totally changed 180 because of her, but it has slightly changed. Wow I have forgotten what it is like to raise a baby. The toddler years are the worst. When my sister Tiffany (now she is nine) was 4 or 5, she was a holy terror. I pretty much raised her then because both my parents were working and she would spread peanut butter and ketchup everywhere the moment I would go away from the room. She is still a bit of a terror, but at least she can take care of herself now.


So while my mom and dad were at the hospital, my sister and I were up all night and I finally got to watch Across the Universe. It has sitting in my computer files forever!!! Well it is one of my favorite musicals but as a movie, it wasn't great. The beginning was confusing with the not smooth transitioning of introducing characters. Pretty much bad transitioning for most of the movies and it got pretty trippy/hippie sometimes. But the thing that saved it was the music. ALL THE SONGS WERE FREAKING AMAZING and beautiful. Jim Sturgess is an AMAZING SINGER (and that girl...whose name i cannot remember). And their love was beautiful. I love the ending.



So I finally got my AP scores. Whoot. I actually go it the day Sophie was born. Haha very...joyous. Hanh called me at the hospital and I checked it the minute I went home. Well I just ripped it open and saw the scores 4,2,5,4. One 4 was from last year's ap world history. But I got us history - 4, chemistry - 2, english lit & comp - 5. It was freaking amazing and sad. I am sad about chemistry but I deserve the score. I was not smart enough in chemistry. I can only balance so much ap classes in my life. I am not a megagenius but I AM EFFIN PROUD OF THOSE OTHER TWO SCORES ESPECIALLY THAT FIIIIIIVEEEE! I thank my wonderful teacher for making me WANT to be a good writer, for making me WANT to improve, and for HELPING me grow and I thank myself for actually doing good in english this year and actually getting an A (one of the only two A's for that year in english ap). I don't know how I did and why I got it and I wish collegeboard gave DETAILED score results but DAMN, I am freaking amazed at myself. I deserved my scores through and through. I have never studied so hard for so long, not even last year.


So today, I had a very nice day. "The group" --adrienne, jerri, tiffany, kingston-- came over to my house and we went swimming and then went to park to play night tag/hideandseek with my cousins and sister. It was a lot of fun actually especially when it is dark at night and you can only see figures instead of faces. But mannn, it was a lot of running since we declared a "free for all" so the whole park was open for hiding. And in the process of hide and seek, Tiffany managed to break a pipe and water gushed on the walkway and grass and we got scared but also make a youtube video to tell the story and went home so we would not get caught. I hope it is still not running, then the whole grass area and neighborhood would get floooded, OOOPS.

Afterwards, my aunt really wanted to go to Red Berry (my workplace) because she was craving frozen yogurt. I took her and my cousins there the day before and she loved it. So we had to get yogurt for my two aunts and little cousins and the total came out to be 48 bucks!!! That is a lot of yogurt. But it was good. I got to my work even when I AM NOT WORKING.



It is always to take pictures, to remember days like these. We take pictures at the park too much. I love the TOOOP picture!!! I think it is so cute.






.christina.

No comments:

Post a Comment