Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Are You Ready For Some .....

Foooootballlllllllllllll!?!
Photobucket


Fleaflicker.com won out in the contest to see which site would earn the privilege of hosting our Fantasy Football league. As I was looking around I found lots of really good reviews of this site so I checked it out and decided to go with it. It is also the site that hosts AOL’s fantasy football this season. It has fully customizable leagues, real time scoring and it’s free. That’s enough for me.

So, here’s what you gotta do. The people who said that they wanted to play need to send me an email at ....

Blogfootball_69@yahoo.com

Hehe .. My inner 13 year old added the “69” just for the fun of it.

After everyone emails me I will then send out the link to the league and everyone can sign up. Whatever email you send me should be the email you use when you sign up, so you can use your regular email or just make up one strictly for the league. Just be sure to let me know who you are in your email. Sometimes I get emails from people who don’t identify themselves or their blog when they email and I’m left trying to figure out who they are.

Also .... and this is important .... the email from Fleaflicker might go into your spam folder! It probably will if you use Yahoo. So, you’ll have to move it back over to your inbox and make sure it’s labeled as “not spam!”


The name of the league is: ... Cynical Blog League
Photobucket

Once you get registered and have named your team, you will have to check your email and go back and confirm your email address for Fleaflicker then you can sign back in and this is the page you should get...(click the pics to go to my flickr and see them full sized)
ffscreen

Then you just click on the league name and you will go to this page...
ffscreen2

Couple of things here. On that main page when you first sign in you will notice a link for “MOCK DRAFT.” I highly recommend you do this a few times before the live draft, so that you will have an idea of how the live draft will work.

Also, on the League Page you will see that you can click many different tabs including “Scoring Rules” and “League Rules.” Learn ‘em, know ‘em, live ‘em. If you think any of the league rules should be changed or aren’t fair don’t hesitate to email me at the Yahoo email I set up for the league and I’ll take your recommendations under advisement. I changed a lot of the scoring rules already, but if you think they should be changed more let me know. Same goes with the league rules. I find the waiver wire rules a bit complicated so those might get changed if they don’t work well for us. But, I won’t change any rules without first notifying everyone.

The live draft will be on August 21 at 7:30 PM CENTRAL time. That means 8:30 EASTERN, 6:30 MOUNTAIN and 5:30 PACIFIC.

The draft day and time can change if the majority of people need it to. We’ll see how that works out. I like having it late in the pre-season though because I hate having one of my players blow out an ACL in a meaningless game after I’ve drafted him.

If you won’t be able to make it to the draft, then you can just create a draft list (or use the player rankings provided by Fleaflicker) and it will auto-pick for you on draft day.

There are lots and lots of fantasy football guides available on the internet explaining how to play and how to draft and different strategies and all that cool stuff. Also, during the season there are a number of sites that will literally update several times a day keeping track of injured players and players that are moving up or down in the rankings.

On of the best ... and by best I mean hottest ... is Fantasysportsgirl.com
Photobucket

Okay, so maybe there are actually better fantasy sites out there. If you just do some basic searches for fantasy football info you will find oodles and oodles of good stuff.

Maybe some of you guys who have played before can post some links in comments to good sites where people can learn how to play and get some good info?

Anyway, there it is. Fire off an email to me at the address above and I’ll send you the link to the league and we’ll go from there.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment