Thursday, July 17, 2008

inspired to love and appreciate.


I am inspired to love and appreciate because of WALL-E. On Tuesday, after work I went to the movies with my father, brother, two sisters and two cousins. I was "forced" to watch wall-e with my little sister and cousin while the others went to watch Indiana Jones and my brother watched Don't Mess with Zohan. Well I actually wanted to watch wall-e. I am a SUCKER for pixar/disney movies. I think I have seen every disney/pixar movie out. And I didn't think Indiana Jones would be THAT great. Well I really loved Wall-E. I was able to watch it through and through without getting bored, though I took a bit of a stretching break. I love how Wall-E doesn't have to talk much but his EMOTIONS and his feelings are all conveyed through his little robot actions and the looks he makes. And I love THE BEGINNING where they played a classic song from the 1950's era (around there)

and how Wall-E was attached to the Hello Dolly movie. It was really beautiful. And how Wall-E, even though he was just a little robot, he admired and tried to mimic human emotions of love. And how he was so innocent. It was a little heartbreaking to watch him try and figure out what love is, but he didn't have to because he already knew what love is. It was a great movie. I loooooovvveeed it. I recommend it!!!!!



scene from hello dolly that wall-e watchs over and over again.

Now to talk about why I am inspired by Wall-e. It is amazing how in the movie, they highlight one thing that Wall-E admires the most, the ability for two people to hold hands. Now personally, I really do not like holding hands with people (guy or girl...i am the type to like hugs better), but to Wall-E being able to hold hands with a certain person is very important. And it shows his passion for wanting to love another person (or robot...whatever). And how he took little human actions that humans had forgotten (in the time period of the movie which is wayyy in the future) and he revives them like shaking hands and waving to people and saying hello. It just makes you forgot those routine things that humans do and are very person to person. Who shakes hands when introduced to a new person anymore? I say "hello" a lot (because of my job) but I have kind of forgotten the purpose in the greeting. Hello is to remind other people, that yes you have acknowledged their presence and that you are open to welcome them. Sometimes we forget those personable "hellos" that are more meaningful than those mandatory "hellos". Haha am I even making sense? I teared up in certain parts of the movie because Wall-E's innocent emotions are so beautiful and lately I am just kind of teary-eyed emotional wreck :). I demand you go watch the movie now. It is just as good as FINDING NEMO (though not as comedic).

And I haven't really listened to Korean music but Brown Eyes are back and they are more AMAZING than ever. And I have learned to appreciate piano music so much more and their original piano composures are beautiful (and match very well with their voices).


(MY FAVORITE SONG..though it is fifty seconds long..)












.christina.

No comments:

Post a Comment