Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Random Randomness and Stuff ....

- Someone from my alma mater has called me every single month for a full decade now asking me to donate to the business school. My perfect record of saying “no” remains intact after Tuesday night.

But, I do have to give them credit. No matter how many times I move and no matter how many times I change phone numbers, addresses and emails, they still track me down. If the CIA would put these people in charge of tracking down Osama bin Laden to ask him for donations to the Business School we would have that bastard in custody in about a month.

- I keep hearing people go on and on and on about InBev buying out Anheuser Busch and how terrible this is. But, personally I’m a little more concerned about Abu Dhabi buying the Chrysler building. At least Busch was bought out by a company that operates in a free and democratic country.

- As I mentioned on Twitter, I set up my new wireless adapter Tuesday. I actually got it to working in just a few minutes. No cussing or throwing anything at all. Amazing.

- I recently found the fan pages on Facebook. So, while a lot of people were joining the fan pages of really great causes such as UNICEF and The American Cancer Society and other organizations, I was joining the fan pages of The Hills, The Girls Next Door and The Gilmore Girls. Don’t judge me.

- Each of the last three mornings I have woken up lying on my left side with the light from my clock radio blinding me. This is weird because I almost never sleep on my left side. I start out on my back, then roll over onto my right side, then left side (and maybe back and forth anywhere from 2 to 7,188 times depending on how much trouble I have getting to sleep) and then finally onto my right side and sleep there.

I also haven’t had any memorable dreams the last three nights. Can I only dream if I’m lying on my right side?

- I’ve mentioned here before my absent-mindedness from time to time. Losing things that are actually in my hand, or get up and walk into another room and stand there not remembering what I went in there to get. Of course, the most infamous of these moments was when I put the left over mac & cheese into a container and then put the container back up into the cabinet instead of the fridge. It sat in that cabinet for at least a week too. Needless to say that got tossed without the lid coming off that bad boy.

Well, I’m also quite destructive and klutzy too. I tend to run into things that I know are there cause I they have been there for years. Not just chairs or tables, but door facings and even walls. I have the microwave in the pantry area cause there isn’t enough room for it on the counter. I was getting some yummy Sirloin Burger Soup out of it not too long ago and ran right into the wall with it and spilled it. I think I cussed a bit that time.

I also tend to knock things over and knock things off tables and counters. It would seem impossible for me to reach some of the things I knock off the counter when I walk by, but somehow I manage.

When I’m wearing a hat I ALWAYS hit the bill of the hat on the car when I’m getting into it and knock the hat sideways or clean off. Every. Single. Time.

I’ve dropped my camera ... TWICE! The second time would have really done damage had it not fallen on my foot rather than the pavement.

Just yesterday I pulled off two impressive moves.

1. Not long after setting up my new wireless adapter I had it sitting on my little Table Mate II that I keep my laptop on. When I pushed the table back and stood up to do something I knocked the wireless adapter off the table and watched it bounce around on the floor. No damage, luckily.

2. As I was emailing somebody last night I was just typing away and the little table was shaking like Pam and Tommy Lee’s bed on a Saturday night. The shaking knocked my water bottle off the table. For some reason I decided to try to “save” the bottle. When I reached for it I banged my forearm on the edge of the table, then instead of catching the bottle I batted it up in the air and it hit me in the forehead.

Bonus: The bottle was empty and the cap was on it, so there was no need to desperately try to “save” it.

No comments:

Post a Comment