Sunday, August 10, 2008

Speaking of ....

So I do admit to spending a fair amount of time last Friday basking in the glory of my finally being proven right about John Edwards really being a Fakey McFruadster.
Photobucket

I’ve been trying to tell people what a fake he is for four years now. I’m glad he finally admitted to it. But, unfortunately I grew a bit tired of it fairly quickly. Oh I’m still bragging about how I was right about him, but the story itself is way overblown now.


Speaking of The Enquirer. Now that it has been vindicated on the Edwards story, does that mean that their sister publication will be vindicated on their little story that they have been running over and over for a while now? ...
Photobucket


Speaking of Dubya. If you’re the leader of the free world and you’re attending the Olympic games, which events do you go see? Well, women’s beach volleyball, of course.
Photobucket

Good call George! That’s where I would have been too.


Speaking of the Olympics. I just don’t get into it. It’s mostly “sports” that I don’t really care about. I think the winter sports are more fun. Plus there is much more potential for major injuries in the winter sports. People wipe out on the ski slopes or while doing the ski jump or whatever all the time. That adds a lot of drama to the event. That just doesn’t happen in the summer Olympics. Maybe they should add auto racing?


Speaking of auto racing. I’ve accepted that NASCAR is popular, although I have no idea why. But, a couple of Sundays ago I was out driving around and turned the radio over to the sports station and do you know what they had on? NASCAR. On the radio. Seriously, people listen to NASCAR races? That’s crazy.

It was kind of funny though. They kept jumping from one reporter to another and each time they switched they played this “vrooom vroom” sound effect. Yeah, that made it verrrrrrrrrry realistic guys.


Speaking of cooking. .... Sorry, there’s really no way to segue from auto racing on the radio to anything at all. Have you guys been watching the new show on Food Network, Ask Aida? It’s hosted by Aida Mollenkamp, and it's pretty good.

I’ve enjoyed the first two episodes. And I’m not just saying this because it’s another hot chick hosting a sh..... Damn, she is good looking isn’t she?
Photobucket

Anyway, back to her show. Basically the idea is that she is making whatever meal is the feature of the day and while she’s doing that, this goober in front of his computer is reading off questions about food and cooking that people have emailed the show and asked her. Sometimes they call the person who emailed and some times the questions come in the form of video too.

I emailed one question last week and all I got was a restraining order. Weird.

And then I got a restraining order from Giada de Laurentiis too. I guess the questions about which foods and sauces go best with a three-way wasn’t as popular as I thought it would be.

Okay, so I got side-tracked there for a minute.

Like I said. The show is actually pretty good. Aida does an excellent job of teaching and I have found the show to be very informative. I highly recommend it.


And speaking food. My friends I present to you the Wake-n-Bacon...
Photobucket

It’s a bacon alarm clock. You set if for whenever you want to wake up and it cooks up a slice of bacon so you awake to the wonderful smell of bacon cooking. It’s just brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment