Friday, August 15, 2008

Late Night Ramblings ....

Well I’m sitting here at 3:00 AM and I’m not sleeping so I thought I would blog. I wasn’t going to blog today because I couldn’t think of anything to blog about. Oh I had several things I could blog about, but they all sucked. But, now that I’m apparently going to be up all night I thought I might as well post about something.


I wonder why it is that the spell check in my version of Camino on my iMac keeps telling me that commenters isn’t a real word? Can’t there be more than one commenter? Actually I wonder why it tells me that Camino isn’t a real word too. You’d think that they would at least put the name of the browser into it’s spell check, right?


I was sitting here the other day thinking about what my biggest blogging pet peeve is. I went through all of them that I could think of. Not answering comments, or only answer certain commenters (that is a fucking word dammit!). Not commenting on a blog of someone who comments on yours. Someone who suddenly stops commenting at all. Truncating posts so they can’t be read in Reader and you HAVE to click over to the blog. And on and on.

Then I decided I would do a post about those pet peeves. The post was actually pretty damn long. Then I started thinking about how many of those things I do also. Then I got really annoyed at myself.

So I trashed that post.


I don’t know if this is something you see in your neck of the woods, but I see it here all the time. When I’m at the grocery store I almost always see people eating something while they are shopping. Like they grab a box of granolas and they open it and eat one and throw the box into the cart.

The other day while I was in the store I saw this woman with her little kid and the kid was drinking a little thing of chocolate milk. Now I can understand doing that cause it probably keeps the kid from screaming and crying and otherwise annoying the shit outta me. But, when this kid finished his milk, he just put the container on the shelf and walked off and left it.

His mother looked right at the empty milk container, shook her head like it pissed her off and then she just walked away with the kid. Umm .. Hello lady! You’re kid just fucking stole that thing of milk! Aren’t you going to take it to the register and pay for it with the rest of your groceries?

That’s pretty damn redneck right there. I even considered telling someone who works there, but I guess I didn’t care that much.


I wonder if tequila at 3:15 am is a good idea?


I’ll be honest. I’m getting a little sick of Michael Phelps. Oh sure, it’s mostly my angry, bitter haven’t done a damn thing with my life inferiority complex talking. But, I’m getting sick of him anyway.


I listened to a fantasy football show on Blog Talk Radio for a while last night. It was pretty good. I got a little inside info to work with now. I mean, I don’t really know what to do with it, but I do have it at least.


After I got finished with my pet peeves post and then trashing it, I started thinking about who my biggest blog crush is. That’s a pretty hard one. I thought about it for a while and then I decided I had too much time to think on my hands.


I think I’ve just about run out of places to cover in my driving around town. It’s a pretty small town and I think I’ve hit all the high lights already. Maybe just a drive through the countryside a bit? Nah. That would be boring.


Miss Britt is going to quit smoking on Monday. I totally support people who quit smoking. So, when she asked for everyone’s support and even made this nifty little button I jumped right in there.


Oh and she’s doing a drawing and anyone who links to her post about quitting smoking gets his name put into the hat. So that’s a bonus incentive to mention that. ;-)

Anyway, go show her some support.


Okay, so now it’s 3:30 AM. Surely tequila would be okay now, right? Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment