Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fantasy Football Update ...

Okay kids, the fantasy draft is on Thursday at 7:30 pm Central Time! I hope you have you have been watching ALL of the pre-season games on the NFL Network (we’re getting a free preview of it here, I don’t normally have that channel) and have evaluated all the players.

The draft room will be open at 7:00 pm and the draft begins promptly at 7:30. I recommend getting there a few minutes early to make sure you’re not having any Java troubles. I’ve been told that the draft doesn’t work well if you are using AOL as your browser or whatever. It should work just fine in the latest version of Firefox and I.E. though.

If you want, you can log in and be in the draft room and click the little “away” box, and the system will auto-pick your team. That way you can be there to watch the draft and make fun of whomever gets stuck with Larry Johnson this year. It will probably be me, despite the fact that I have him ranked 736 out of 255 players. I had LJ last year and by the third game I was hoping he’d get hit by a bus on his way to practice cause he was a protected player which meant I couldn’t drop him.

So, is everyone ready?

Who is your #1 QB?
Photobucket

And no, Matt-Man Frank Gifford is not available in this draft. ;-)


How bout RB?
Photobucket

Or WR?
Photobucket


I’m still not completely sure who I like. I’m probably going to do the auto pick anyway. So, we’ll see who I get. It doesn’t really matter because I plan on making about 200 personnel moves throughout the season anyway.

But, I do think that right now it looks like this chick is going to be captain of the cheerleading squad...
Photobucket



In college news I saw that the AP, USA Today and Sports Illustrated all have Georgia ranked #1 to start the season. Pffffft ... please. I haven’t completed my pre-season rankings, but I do know I don’t have Georgia #1. They aren’t even going to with their freaking division in the SEC. Florida is going to do that.

Next week will be college season preview and prediction time.

No comments:

Post a Comment