Wednesday, January 23, 2008

there's gotta be something for my soul somewhere"

I was watching something on tv and the song "way back into love" came on and I remembered how much I loved that song. When my sister and I watched Music and Lyrics, we obsessively always went back to the part where Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant were recording the "way back into love" song. I remember the last time I went to karaoke at ru-ru-la-la, Tiffany and I sang that song, it was fun.

"I’ve been watching but the stars refuse to shine
I’ve been searching but I just don’t see the signs
I know that it’s out there
There’s got to be something for my soul somewhere"

I love the lyrics for this song. This song is just one of those songs where I was so obsessed, I sang it for days on end. Just like the song from HSM, what ive been looking for. i like the version where sharpay and ryan sing it best. that is the only scene i like to watch out of the whole movie. I think I am just a musical freak. So that is why I really should try out for the musical at school.

"I've never had someone that knows me like you do
the way you do
I've never had somone as good for me as you
no one like you so lonely before i finally found
what i've been looking for"


so more cute dresses?


So the yellow one is the one that Melanie liked and I like the one on the right. Seems like strapless is very in but I dont think I have the right shoulders to show it off. Dress shopping is freaking annoying. I'll just wear a really cool shirt and jeans? I'm sure my date will be chill about it. HAHA. :D

cool shoes that rock my socks.


So New Balance is creating a new line of kids' shoes with collaborating with Sesame Street. I think little kid shoes are the cutest and I always want to steal the little displays of kid shoes. It is amazing to see how tiny feet fit into such tiny shoes. When I see little kids who are like 2 years old, I think they look like mini-people. It is odd. I haven't been around toddlers in a LOOONG time and now one is coming in mi familia very soon. Scary. Tiny feet. Tiny hands. Tiny EVERYTHING.

Marc Jacobs and Cancer Awareness




So Marc Jacobs is making a bunch of t-shirts with naked celebrities on it to support cancer awareness cause. I mean good job to Marc Jacobs and helping the cause but I am kind of sick of celebrity philanthropy. Maybe I am just being pessimistic but I get sick of how some celebrities are awesomely praised by the "good works" they do. What about the people who are not famous but do equal and even more things to help others?

But I mean what can I say when I don't even do much for my community. I read about those kids who do things and start things and it makes me want to be one of them. I want to help out, not for myself but for others. But it is really hard to think HOW? HOW CAN I HELP? One step at a time I suppose. So that is why I am going to try and improve as a student mentor in our school's student mentoring program. This is the first year that us Link Crew kids are being mentors and it is really frustrating because a lot of us think it is unfair to us and the freshman we mentor. For one, we had to sacrifice our lunch every other week and so we are basically cranky without food. Then we barely have much to talk about except grades and that is not a way to connect with our freshman. It is really hard to connect with my freshman. I tried but I think I have started to give up and I am disappointed in myself. I want to be someone they can turn to and I want to be soemone they can see as a person they can easily say "hi" and I can say that I HAVE NOT been that person. I can say that instead of blaming myself, I have blamed the program and the people in it for the lack of enthusiasm I have felt. But after today's meeting with the counselors and other mentors, I think I have re-thought my purpose as a mentor. Hopefully by the end of the year, I will have helped these freshman just a little to realize that they do have a good future ahead of them and to take advantage while they can of their youth and their resources and help them survive a little bit better because of their WISE MENTOR :D

---CHRISTINA
is
AWESOME
foshiiizzz.


No comments:

Post a Comment