Tuesday, January 22, 2008

spring already? almost...

So today was the first day of the new spring term. I had my new classes and I am feeling slightly overwhelmed but excited. AP Chem seems overwhelming and slightly intimidating. AP English seems like a challenge but I think I will have "fun" because I love writing. I am excited. My AP English teacher seems really nice and her whole speech was that she would be there for us which I was very glad. Spanish 3 seems scary because our teacher wants us only to speak Spanish. -___-. I wish I had Mr. Young for Spanish again because he only spoke Spanish for the first month. Intermediate Web Design seems super easy so I will just chill in that class.

I came home today and my mom says "oh some actor died". When we turned on prime time I was so shocked that it was Heath Ledger! This was even more random that Anna Nicole Smith's death. I was really shocked and sad. I think Heath Ledger was a great actor. I really enjoyed most of his movies. They said he overdosed on over the counter pills. One factor they believe to be his "suicide" or "death" was the overwhelming stress of his role as Joker in the upcoming The Dark Knight (batman movie). In his last interview, he expressed the mental toll it was to become Joker and how Joker was such a heartless character who had no morals. I believe that one factor in his death is the controversial topic of "when does the actor stop becoming his/her character". It reminds me of the suicide of Lee Eun Joo (the korean actress who died a couple years ago). My parents had just recently watched the Scarlett Letter (korean movie) with her and it was her recent role and she played a very twisted sad character who was very suicidal and in most of her movies, she was played as a sad woman who usually died in the end. She was heavily depressed and it seemed she could not snap out of her character. I think that is not the sole reason to Heath Ledger's death but that reason + heavy medication + depression = unstable mental state. It really is sad to see these kind of things happen to people. I really send out my heart for his family and his poor young daughter.

my favorite movies with heath ledger:


10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU

A KNIGHTS TALE

LORDS OF DOGTOWN

It would be an interesting study to study the mental state of actors and how they actually can get in and out of character. It can take a mental toll for those who play really intense characters. It can be a mental drain to believe for months that you are one person and then revert back to yourself. Heath Ledger dead at age 28

Heath Ledger as "Joker"

"Dark Knight" director Christopher Nolan said earlier this month that Ledger's performance as the Joker would be wildly different than Jack Nicholson's turn in 1989's "Batman.
It was a very great challenge for Heath," Nolan said. "He's extremely original, extremely frightening, tremendously edgy. A very young character, a very anarchic presence that taps into a lot of our basic fears and panic."

It is kind of depressing to talk about those kind of things. Death is a very scary subject to talk about. My dad's friend has a friend whose daughter died last year in a car accident and he was talking about it. It kind of got me thinking about if I were to die. I was thinking realistically about it. Sometimes things can unexpectedly happen especially at my age. Car accidents is the #1 killer for teens. I thought about it and if I were able to have my last words carried out. I would probably tell my family I loved them (no doubt.) and tell my sister, Bella to take care of the family well because I know my brother (second oldest) would not be able to take my position in the family. I would tell Pachia (bff :D) to probably check up on my family to see if they are okay (haha hope she can handle that) once in awhile and help guide my little sister. I would probably let Melanie, Pachia and Bella split my clothes since that is the only worthy possession I have. So if I am not able to let my last words carried out, at least they can read it on the blog. Haha. Everyone thinks about it once in a while.

In Intermediate Web Design, I was reading this article about the "online generation" which is pretty much us. <a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/22/arts/television/22front.html?_r=1&ref=arts&oref=slogin"> the rough and tumble online universe traversed by young cybernauts talks about
impact of growing up with the internet. There is going to be a PBS "frontline" special called "growing up online" about this. There are the bad and good things about growing up from the internet. The one thing they talk about in the article that I totally relate is the growing plagarism and "cut and paste" writing in education. Seriously, when is the last time I've read a book for a English class without the aid of Sparknotes or Wikipedia? That is how I survived English Honors 10. I think personally, we all need slowly need to learn to not rely on the internet and the computer. We do not own the computer, the computer owns us.

Here is some interesting info I found out; BEST WAY TO COOK YOUR RAMEN is by following the directions on the ramen package. I was watching a Korean show and there was a man who owned a ramen restaurant and he cooked his ramen from ramen packages and his best advice was to actually follow the directions. He also made his own soup base so my mom was like naww his ramen just tastes good because of his base. Well my mom tried it today with regular water and she said it does make a difference. So go and read that ramen package instruction.

one of my favorite ramen packages:
cooking directions
  1. Bring to boil 2 cups of water.
  2. Add noodle and ingredients to boiling water and simmer 4 minutes, stir occasionally.
  3. Optionally, add fresh vegetables and scallion, if desired.

COOLEST THING EVER
googled: teenage inspirations



yeah that is our blog.


---CHRISTINA

No comments:

Post a Comment