Wednesday, January 2, 2008

the sisterhood.

Reading Pachia's last entry made me think about my own two younger sisters. I guess over the last couple months my sister, Bella and I have been getting pretty close. Even though we have a five year difference, we still bond pretty well. I guess the bond grew because of our new hobby, thrifting and obsessing over Gossip Girls. We watch that show religiously every Wednesday night on the CW. When I do have money and can drive, I will want to treat both my sisters out. I like spending time with my sisters outside of the home (though the youngest one is still a bit a handle to care for). I was going on my sister's myspace (only 11 and she has one.. jebus, kids grow up too fast these days) to steal one of her pictures of us and I found this:

"
i love shopping. especially with christina. she has great taste. we like to dress vintage, electric. and very asian fob. LOL."

I should be nicer to my sister and set an example. I really did not notice that she really does look up to me. Maybe I am cool... cool enough to be someone's hero. I think my sister is much cooler than I was back in sixth grade. I hope she learns the right things from me and makes the right choices. I know that sixth grade wasn't exactly fun when I went through it so I hope she manages well. I want to protect her as much as I can from the bad things in this world. Even though that is not possible, I hope she will be able to develop a thick skin like I did. Sometimes I feel jealous of my sister though. She is the tall and soon to be the pretty one. Sometimes I just like to give her bad comments to lower her self esteem to make myself feel better. I guess I should stop that. I mean it is a bit childish. Even if I am the one to inherit the short genes and the thick legs. Oh well. I still am the unni.

Anyway, my sister is turning 12 soon so I have to get her a present. She really wants a muffler so I was thinking of buying one for her online. They have so nice ones but they are so expensive. I really would not pay over $12 dollars for a muffler. Maybe I will just buy her a really cute shirt or sweater.
Good thing she is so tall and that we share clothes because anything she has, I borrow and vice versa. That is the good thing for having sisters. I think my sister is lucky to have me to show her how to dress right. I never dressed as cool as she did when I was younger. That is the sucky thing for being the oldest. No one shows you what to do, you have to figure it out yourself. Then the rest of the siblings just follow right along. Good thing I am as cool as I am (did you know being conceited runs in my family? :])

wanted to add to my resolutions:
6. stop being scared about the future (how whimsical is that..)
7. help out your siblings with their homework
8. dont get too addicted to the internet (again.)

I really haven't done any of my homework over break. I am pretty scared about the procrastination building up. I am really scared that my parents have given up on me. Ever time they bring up college I cringe. I am so unsure about my future. It kind of eats at me inside. I don't dwell on it lately but the thought of taking SATS soon, it is making me. I feel like I should be sure and I should have a plan. But I really do not know what the future can hold. I want to make the right choices and make money of course but I want to learn. Really learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment