Saturday, January 5, 2008

no one cares

So I know this is a "boring" issue to talk about but lets talk about Election 2008. I like know probably five people who are my age who actually are into discussing politics and the election candidates. Well it is time to inform my fellow peers. We really should read the newspaper and watch the news.

Iowa Results
Here are the Iowa results for the caucuses. I have no idea what that means but it is like a primary vote for that state.

Republican: Huckabee

Democratic: Obama


The Iowa results are very astounding because the front runners of each party has been Clinton and Romney. Personally, I do not Clinton or Romney. I especially do not like Romney after watching him on the Republican Youtube Debates. He is just not my cup of tea. Romney has already won the caucuses for Wyoming for Republican Party. I am kind of astounded how a Mormon got into the lead. I guess America is ready for certain changes. I believe Obama can bring a better change. I suppose it is wrong to judge presidential candidates by personalities but everyone does though. I don't like how Clinton attacks people so personally and how she is very anti-Republican it seems. Well, we will see how the rest of the caucuses goes. I wonder how California will swing for the Democratic Party. New Hampshire was after Iowa and I do not know the official results but Clinton and Obama are tied 33% right now after seeing the Iowa results. I cannot wait to see who will the candidate seat for each party.

Yesterday I was watching KBS World (korean tv) on Directv and I saw this video. Again it is Clazziquai (I just LOVE them) and I thought this music video was pretty cool. I just love music videos where they put words on it, like the Kanye West "Good Life" mv.





It reminded me of my greatest fear: being alone. However, that fear is not as existent to me anymore. I have a more secure life with friends and family. I do not think I will be alone. I remember my freshman year where I had transferred into my current high school a week after school started. I was very unhappy because I knew practically no one. It was pretty sad and scary to go to a new school especially freshman year. I had like no friends in the beginning. I just attached myself to people I barely knew so I wouldn't be alone. It was just nerve racking to go to the bathroom by yourself because you knew that you had no friends and you would think other people would know that too. I am glad that phase ended because I figured how to make friends. It is better to be a newbie at school during freshman year than later in life. It helped me grow from my insecurities and learn to climb out of my shyness or else I would be forced to have no friends and live a crappy high school life. But I survived. Everyone eventually survives. You just have to learn to pull yourself together and dig yourself out of your hole instead of just stinking in self pity. I made better friends in sophomore year who were pretty outgoing and that rubbed onto myself and it was fun. I am so glad to be out of that crappy phase. I am pretty secure with my own self and I am pretty done with feeling self hatred and being a whiny baby about life. Learning how to be optimistic is much easier to make your life positive. No matter how "cheesy" that sounds, it is true.

--Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment