Friday, January 11, 2008

can ya dig it?

This week hasn't been necessarily a busy week but I just haven't spent my spare time on the computer much. Next week is finals week already. (ahhhh!) I really can't believe it. I am kind of sad because I really don't want to change classes because of the people in my classes. I am definitely going to miss fourth period art. It was my best chill class even though our teacher had been piling work on lately. I am going to miss my deep discussions with my little sophomore friends (though majority are taller than me ;[ ). We would talk about the randomness things from bowling to political candidates to the world ending in 2012. For grades, I've pretty much lost hope in some classes about getting an A. I am so close but it is impossible. I just hope with decent grades on the finals to break even. I am through stressing. So to talk about my week...
CAN YA DIG IT?
Our AP US teacher gave us a project to teach the class on a decade and my group had the '70s. It has been a pretty cool project to do because we made a lot of funny clips for our video. Hopefully I can get online to show to show off my wonderful acting skills ^__^. My favorite '70s phrase is "can ya dig it?". It is super groovy. So pretty much this week I have been filming stuff after school with my group because our presentation is Monday. Filming is actually pretty interesting and fun. It will be wonderful to see the final video. So after I would get home from filming or doing project stuff I usually would watch tv and not do my homework. I haven't had much homework this week. I have gotten in the swing of Korean dramas again. My favorite lately has been these two:

UNSTOPPABLE WEDDING
It is a pretty hilarious comedy show. I am waiting for the "wedding" part though. I am thinking that it will be the oldest son hooking up with the daughter which I hope very much. The sons of the hotel woman are hilarious. The youngest one is played by the drummer from F.T. Island and he is totally CUTE!

INSOONI IS PRETTY
It seems to be the regular typical dramatic Korean drama but it isn't. The story line seems a bit dramatic but I think the main actors of this drama really make this drama stand out. Some of the writing is good too. It is about redemption for the the most part. Insooni is a very pretty girl but she accidentally killed someone in high school (she was bullied a lot by the girls because of her looks) and is sent to jail. She gets out and her mother takes her in (her mother had dumped her when she was a little child because she gave birth out of wedlock) and her mother is a former famous actress. Insooni becomes known as the "Subway Girl" after she saves someone from suiciding by jumping in front of a subway and she becomes a modern day Joan of Arc kind of celebrity. However no matter what she does, she is haunted by the fact she killed someone. She also becomes reacquainted by an old middle school friend who actually was in love with her when they were younger. I really like this drama. It is just good.

So my parents have been home a lot lately and I am getting more annoyed with them especially with my mom especially because she is pregnant. She is always bossing us around to get her food or run up and down the stairs for her. It is just annoying. Everyone in the house just tries to avoid her or evade her tasks by telling someone else to do it. So I have come to think of this list of why I do not want to be pregnant after this experience with my mom and her emotional swings. One day she cried because my dad was taking a nap and didn't go to the grocery store yet and she was hungry. We still had food but she was so emotionally unstable that she was crying. It was just kind of awkward. I just ignored her. She laughed about it later on.

why i dont want to be pregnant (anytime soon)
  1. my mom has already had four kids and she is still scared about giving birth (sounds pretty scary to me)
  2. watching knocked up. the scene where she is giving birth and the little young friend comes in and the doctor is like the head is coming and all you see is like the vagina and some little thing barely coming out and it was just like AHHHH. then the friend comes in (totally clueless) and he is like AHHHH and then the katherine heigl's character yells at him to get the hell out.
  3. that one video we saw in health (freshman year) with the lady giving birth at the end and all i remember was just HAIR HAIR HAIR everywhere and blood and yuck. it was too shocking to stop watching but at the same time i wanted to rip my eyeballs out.
  4. doing a c-section sounds horrible. they cut your stomach up and then they have to like move around your intestines to get the baby out.
  5. my aunt said when she had to be medicated for my little cousin's birth, they had this giant thin needle to stick in her spinal cord (my uncle nearly fainted) and she said it still hurt in her back up until recently and she says she could like "feel the needle" when her back would hurt.
You know what really amazes me are the people who have multiple babies like twins, triplets, sextuplets, etc. How is it possible for humans to give birth to a litter? How far can your uterus stretch? How can you even manage to feed that many while they are in your stomach. My mom is only having one and she is eating like a cow (well there is a possibility of twins but that is VERY LOW). My mom had my youngest sister about 9 years ago. I was in second grade. I remember that night very clearly because I was watching Nick at Nite on my little brother's tv in his room. I was off-track at the time so no school. My mom comes in looking for a backpack and I was like what is happening. She tells me her water broke and I had no idea what that was but she was about to give birth. My dad was still sleeping so I had to try and wake him up while my mom was getting stuff ready for the hospital. My aunt had to come down and watch us while my parents were in the hospital. After my parents left, I decided to watch a movie (a mary-kate and ashley movie, i used to be a big fan back then) while I wrote in my little Hello Kitty diary about this "historic" moment for me. I can't really remember thinking about when I saw my little sister. It is amazing how that small tiny red/purple baby turned into this little monster (i say that with love) who is sitting on the couch right now watching cartoons.

I was in the car with my parents and my mom and I were talking about baby names (we don't know the sex yet) and just thinking about how a name is like a person's life is amazing. A name is something you carry on forever. It is the most important thing. How can I just put a name on this little life? I want to find like the perfect name for my future sibling. Something to fit the family name and our family. I like the name Madison. My dad didn't. My mom though how bout Madeline which is okay. I want a name that is not common but still cute and not too far out weird. And then we have to find a matching Korean name to go with it. My dad wants to name the unborn child with only a Korean name but that is unfair because all of us kids had an English name first and Korean name later. Well my mom wanted the name "Hana" (ha-na; not hannah) but my dad's friend's daughter is named that so he didn't want to copy. I cannot imagine what my name could have been besides what it is. My parents didn't even have a girl name ready for me because they thought I was going to be a boy. They were going to give me my brother's name (when my brother came out two years later, they just gave him the name they had been saving for me) and when I came out, my mom picked out one of the baby bags with names on it and she thought Christina was good enough.

So it seems everyone has been stressing about junior prom and ours isn't even until March 8. Everyone seems to have a date already. I am totally broke so I don't really want to go all out with limo, dinner, and bowling. I have no idea if my parents will be willing to let me do all that and also dress prices! Well for the dress I am trusting my instincts that I can find an cheap but cute dress. But money is not flowing really quick so I am worried about that. Sigh. Why does everyone have to make junior prom stressing? It is just one night :[ but one night out of a "lifetime". I just want to take the chill approach for it. I would rather eat at home before and then go to prom with limo and then maybe do something else besides bowling afterwards. I dunno it is just confusion. That night better be fun. Like crazy fun. Too bad no matter how fun that night is, you won't always remember that moment.


--CHRISTINA





No comments:

Post a Comment