Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Translate This ...

So yesterday Kathy gave me the Blogger Friends award. I would post the award here, but she didn’t post it on her blog for me to steal. But, that’s okay.

Anyway, she also gave the award to some other well deserving people. So, as I often do, I took a look at each new blog that I hadn’t yet read. I found one of them, Christina’s to be in Italian! Needless to say I don’t speak Italian, so I was looking for one of those site translator buttons so I could read her blog. But, she didn’t have one.

I was like “How rude! Not having a translator button for us non-Italian speaking folks.” Then I realized that I don’t have a little translator button either. How could I have not thought of this!

I then decided to put one on of those things on my blog. I thought it would be nice to make it easier for Melissa Theuriau to read my blog.
Photobucket

I’m a giver like that.

So I went into “layout” and looked at the little widgets and found a few. Some of them were little boxes where people put some text in and then could translate it. That’s not what I wanted. I wanted one of those where they could translate the whole blog.

I finally found a couple of them. But, there were problems. One of them looked like shit. It was a big white box on the sidebar and there was no box for a color code to get rid of the white. And worst of all it didn’t fucking work either!

So I tried two others. Neither worked. And one of them had freaking pop-ups! Another, when you click on a country’s flag, instead of translating the page just took me to Google in that language.

Freaking useless!!

I’ve found a couple on other people’s blogs and they were pretty cool. But, when I put them on mine they didn’t freaking work! AHHHHHHHH!

So, what’s the deal? Why is this so difficult?

I know it really isn’t all that big of a deal, but dammit! I want one now.

Anyone know where I can get one that works?

No comments:

Post a Comment