Tuesday, January 20, 2009

at last

Since Pachia did not talk about Obama, I will. I have few words to express my emotions about this event. I think my emotions have been exhausted over the campaign trail. Sadly I have not seen the inauguration speech because I was in school and we could not get it streaming in the class because my teacher is techonolgically retarded.

I have been watching the parade/ball stuff and the celebration is overwhelming. It gets me all emotional every time I watch stuff like this. I cried when I was watching the presidential couple dance to Beyonce's "At Last". I could tell Beyonce was holding it in too. Oh and I loved what Michelle Obama was wearing at the inaugraul balls! I wasn't really feeling the "lemongrass" suit but it was very first lady. And Biden's wife was nice and flashy too. I love her bold colors. And the KIDS!!! oh the Obama kids are so cute. Great choice of fashion. Very official.







Beyonce sang beautifully.

Today is a good day.

And in the words of Reverend Joseph Lowery, I hope for a day where "black will not be asked to give back, when brown can stick around, when yellow will be mellow, when the red man can get ahead man, and when white will embrace what is right. Let all those who'll do justice and love mercy say amen."



Who could not say AMEN TO THAT?!?!


Hahah. Angry Asian Man comments that he wishes that there were more words that rhymed with yellow.





--christina

No comments:

Post a Comment