Saturday, February 23, 2008

obsessions, inspirations, and everything in between.


This post is probably going to be picture loaded because pictures = 100000 words. And yes I would like to talk about the The Other Boleyn Girl also. I read one of the books from the same other and Pachia recommended me The Other Boleyn Girl. And yes Pachia you do have my book. I forgot about that too. I did like the book (minus all the sex). We were only young little eighth graders and we read that book haha. I was really obsessed with Queen Elizabeth and her time period. I guess the part that King Henry VIII having so many wives was so fascinating. I read a bunch of books on his wives or his daughters at the time. I was obsessed with the story about when Elizabeth and Bloody Mary her sister were young . I didn't really like who they picked to be Anne Boleyn and Mary Boleyn because Scarlett Johannsan and Natalie Portman what I had pictured. Anne is supposed to have BLACK HAIR! And I didn't really see Mary with blonde hair. I think they should have switched the actresses but dyed their hair because Scarlett seems better as a more "evil" girl. But watching the trailer, Natalie is quite good as a Anne Boleyn but I don't think Scarlett suits as Mary.

I love the dresses they are wearing. It is so elegant and not too form fitting but gives them a nice figure. I really like the silver for Scarlett's dress.
I was going to put these pictures back awhile ago but forgot but YES GOSSIP GIRL IS COMING BACK in April. Thank goodness the writer's strike is OVER!!!!!

What makes me laugh is that they did the photoshoot for a gay magazine. Haha. But man those guys are SEXY. Though I am totally not going for the scruffy look that Chace (Nate) is sporting.

So what I am really obsessed about and always will be is FOOD. The Food Network channel is on 24/7 for me. I love Dinner Impossible and Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives! My dream is to go on a road trip across America and stop at a diner in every state. Who wants to go? My dad gets disgusted by American food and he says it is too greasy but him and my mom always watch the Korean channel about food. That is good too. So Pachia and I alway had this little dream back in middle school that we would open up a little shop where people could read mangas (think of the Borders' manga section where all the kids are sitting and reading for free, but x100 bigger) and then a little bakery/cafe next door. We were really obsessed with reading mangas back then. But yeah I still keep that little business idea in the back of my head. We could always add a place to watch dramas too. :] But I get more inspired with these pictures of a cupcake place in Malaysia. IT IS SO CUTE! I remember back when I was watching Coffee Prince and it made me want to open a little coffee place. Not just a typical Starbucks but a really nice coffee place with REAL baristas with GOOD coffee all the time.


Credits to Cuppcakes

Isn't that the cutest thing ever? If only I could bake. Hah, I'll just hire Min because she makes the best cupcakes! Looking at little cute pictures like that make me happy. Oh so I go to a lot of fashion blogs and sites that are very eceltic and inspiring. I notice that a lot of them like to make inspiration boards which are always beautiful. Well I thought I didn't really have an "inspiration" board but last winter I did a fashion collage on my wall. My little sister helped me and it took like three nights to finish. I didn't do my whole room because that would have been too chaotic and it would hurt my eyes. It turned out pretty good but I kind of want to tear it down and put new ones. My sister copied my idea and tore out other pictures that I didn't tear out from our magazines and her wall looks more cuter than mine now because she spaced out her pictures! I wish I had a photo of it but I don't.

Here are some cute inspiration boards I found online:

Here is pictures of my collage on my walls:

Vogue has the best pictures to pull out of course. And no I did not just slap it together. I carefully picked out each picture and thought about where to place to make it fun but creative. The first day, I started in the middle and spanned out then went to bed. The next day, it was hard to start because I LOST INSPIRATION and then I started to slap it together kind of. It turned pretty well I guess. Later on I took a bunch of funny pictures from my childhood and our family photos and put them on the top because I had space on the top. I kind miss the days of regular cameras, not digital cameras. With the age of digital cameras and plastering your pictures online all the time, we tend to want to have pictures with perfection. Even if you are being silly, you are still trying to take "cool" pictures. I like the days of simple film where there were negatives. And looking back at those pictures, the negatives are the best pictures. The pictures where you look really dorky with your mouth open and your eyes close or when you are seen actually enjoying what you were doing when you were photographed. It is sad to say that a lot of people care about having fun just so they can show off online instead of actually enjoying what they are doing and not caring about pictures. I do it all the time and it gets tiring sometimes. Sigh the world of myspace and facebook and everyone aspiring to be photographers.

But I do have fun just taking silly pictures with my friends. I tend to like to take silly pictures instead of perfect pictures. I don't like taking pictures were we are all trying to look hot and sexy. I feel really uncomfortable because I am not photogenic at all. That is why I am not really into taking pictures of myself. By avoiding the camera and the mirror, I don't have to see my physical flaws. Haha. Silly me.

Oh so I cleaned the house this weekend so I can go to jr prom but my parents are still dangling the possiblity of me not going. Hah. I always go in the end so no worries. Well I actually have a dress now. Well actually my mom has had it for a couple years because she bought it for a wedding awhile back. I remember my mom not looking good in the dress (sorry mom) but I tried it on (without my mom not knowing heehee) and I actually LIKE IT. It is really nice. Though it wasn't what I pictured and it is a long dress. I actually don't look short and I actually look skinny. YEAHHH. It is similar to this.
But I think the gold is a bit darker? and more shimmery. The v-cut is similar but it has straps instead. I like it a lot. AND I HAVE GOLD SHOES! But isn't gold and gold too much?



--christina.

No comments:

Post a Comment