Tuesday, February 26, 2008

its not over tonite


I just got finished writing my speech on my AP English research paper on China's Influence in Darfur and my speech is tomorrow. I think I am being too cocky thinking that I don't have to practice much but I really do love the subject I am talking about. For those who dont know, there is a genocide in Darfur going on. And where does China fit in? Well China contributes to seventy percent of Sudanese oil revenue (they buy oil from Sudan) who in return purchase Chinese weapons to finance a war against the non-Arabic people in Darfur. I read like 20 sources to fully understand the situation in Sudan and China's part in it. China has been targeted by international critics of protecting the Sudanese government in the UN because of China's position as a permanent member of the UN National Security Council. Though China has finally been able to pressure Sudan to allow UN peace troops to aid the African Union troops in Sudan, why now? Why not for the last five years that the UN has tried to pass a resolution to aid Sudan? Because of the 2008 Olympics. China wants to keep its prestige image as host by resolving the Sudanese problem and look good before the Olympics begin. I am not going to blab my whole speech and essay to you. My brain is already sick of it but I can spout off facts about the Darfur genocide on the top of my head, that is how full my brain is. I just hope I don't go over the five minute time because my speech is so long because it has so much info so I have cut it off so it will make barely 5 minutes.
I wish I could afford to be as lazy as this cat.

Today I skipped Tahitian practice to go to AP Chemistry tutoring. I really didn't want to go to tutoring because I have that nerd mentality where tutoring is bad but I went. Too bad I didnt really learn much because I actually understand acids and bases but I don't understand everything else. Sigh well I am going to tutoring for the next two days until the Midterm. Ahhh and then my research paper is due Friday and I still have like at least 3 hours worth needed on that paper to be polished. I am starting to hate school again. AHHH. The pressure is starting to get to me. again. well for junior prom. ticket bought. got dress. have shoes. no worries about makeup and hair. just need some extra money. but pretty much set. cept need to buy boutiner. im not super excited bout junior prom but it will be nice to have a break.

so for intermediate web design, we have been experimenting with a lot of web templates and our theme is food. and ive done cupcakes and i have been obessessed with food blogs now!!! I LOVE CUPCAKE BLOGS! they make such BEAUTIFUL cupcakes it is amazing. HOW DO THEY DO IT? like i said before, i want to make a cupcake shop. some cupcake blog was talking about these cupcake target finds which are pretty cute! look cupcake pillow.
i finally got to mixing a song for the korean fan dance but it is a really rough mix right now. i have to shorten the big bang parts and maybe add more parts to girl rock. and maybe add more to tell me too. hopefully i can get choregraphy done this weekend cuz i dont think i have any major plans. here is the rough mix of the whole song; it is too long also:



then here is the girl rock by itself. i hate how i put fade in beginning cuz it is sooo noticeable.



if anyone knows someone who can mix songs please TELL ME!! haha.

i am a noob at this so i did it bad.
hopefully figuring out the dance moves will be easier (doubt it).
and i have like fourteen girls do the whole thing. or even more.
well we have like two months to prepare... sort of.


--ckkkkkkkkkaaayyy.

No comments:

Post a Comment