Friday, November 20, 2009

Quick-Sew Envelopes


I love sewing on paper & I thought I'd show off the envelopes I've been stitching up for mailing out orders.
They are super simple to make & have a lovely handmade charm to them. As you view the pictures you'll see my step-by-step method. But here are a few tips, or pointers:
*I use brown craft paper & sew the envelopes up on 3 sides using a zig-zag stitch. The thread is very random---whatever bits are leftover on my bobbins! (And if one envelope has 3 or 4 colors, I like it even better!)

*Decorative scissors embellish the envelope flap.

*Make up some smaller envelopes for an adorable presentation of a gift card or some holiday cash! (Use double stick tape to hold the flap down.)

*Kidlets can help decorate the heck out of these too: stamps, crayons, markers, paint, glitter, stickers, etc.
{That sweet deer stamp makes me giddy!}









No comments:

Post a Comment