Saturday, November 21, 2009

{packing shmacking}


I packed my art studio all day today. 15 boxes later, it's still not done. But, I did make a discovery. A GROSS one.

Let me back up....

Yesterday in my bedroom I came upon the BIGGEST spider ever. I could hear its legs as it moved across the surface of boxes & books on the floor. EW! I screamed so loud. And my scream---which is a phenomenon in itself---was broadcast far across our house, our street, our neighborhood, maybe even the universe. Of course I killed the spider. One big WHACK with my shoe did the job. If I had let it live I don't know if I would be able to sleep at night. Oh, & it was so big that it couldn't even move very fast. Double EW!  I don't know where it was going or where it came from, but it gave me the biggest weebie jeebie's EVER!

SO... today as I'm cleaning my art studio I come across the BIGGEST spider hideout ever. It's got this large webby ball thing & webs all over. And, you know how you usually find little dead bugs hanging out in corners with the webs? Well, there are BIG dead bugs hanging out in this spider's corner. Oh, & the funniest thing is that one of my paper circle punches is attached to the web & hanging up like some decor.
I don't even want to get too close to this whole scenario happnening in the corner. Someone is gonna have to clean up that mess. And it's NOT gonna be me. All I know is that I HOPE I already killed whoever was living there, yesterday in my bedroom.



Luckily we've been able to rescue & recycle boxes for packing from dumpsters behind some nearby medical buildings. But those (& other) resources are pretty much nil so we had to splurge today & buy some. I hate having to buy boxes. It makes me cringe to have to purchase a bunch of stupid cardboard. I don't know why, it just does.
I'm hoping all this packing here-n-there will help so that I won't have to stress about packing things up to the last minute in a whirlwind of panic & tears. I'm honestly hoping to be done packing by Thanksgiving so it'll be "a breeze" until we move 5 days later. That is my goal: to have an easy, stress-less moving experience.

But, enough of the packing today. I'm certain you'll get sick of me talking about it. Just so you know, this is like therapy for me. At the end of the day, I enjoy sitting down & just blabbing it all out, even if it doesn't make sense, even if the thoughts don't all go together.

 I'm going to throw my flaxseed & lavender heat-pack in the microwave & give my lower back some relief. I'll watch a movie, sip some hot tea & cozy on the couch as a reward for a hard day's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment