Saturday, November 28, 2009

{the last supper}


Still in my p.j.'s & packin' the kitchen with my mom. Little Zoey, in the background, has been ready to help in any way she can.

Tonight was "the last supper" with my family. We gathered at mom & dad's & had takeout from my favorite local bbq place. We played a few games of Wii bowling, tennis & baseball & had apple crisp for dessert. And then it was time to say goodbye to my brother & his family. I hugged my little brother & just lost it. I never thought it would be this hard to say goodbye. Really, I haven't had time to even think about the "goodbyes". And it just hit me hard tonight. I hugged him real good & just wailed & bawled & weeped. It just suddenly came over me. But my sweet brother is a sensitive soul. Which meant that he was wailing & bawling & weeping too. We were a pair, he & I. It wasn't pretty at all.
And then, on the sidelines, mom joined in.

No comments:

Post a Comment