Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lots of Kaka ...

And the birthday’s just keep on coming! Here’s a couple I missed over the weekend.

Friday was Fiwa’s birthday and Saturday was Cheryl’s birthday. So happy birthday to both Fiwa and Cheryl!

--

I've been following the events in Iran pretty closely. I have been reading several websites and using a tweetgrid that someone on Fark.com set up to follow different news agencies and people trying to get news out. It's all pretty amazing. And I gotta tell ya. I'm kind of inspired here.

In fact, I'm so inspired by the Iranians struggle for free and fair elections and the right to protest their government that I'm thinking of showing some solidarity. I think I'll go down to the local courthouse and pay a fair and minimal fee for permit that will allow me to go to the governement designated spot at the government designated time and get my free speech on in favor of the Iranian people. Of course I will be sure not to hold up any signs that the local authorities might consider offensive though.

Cause you know they're not free like us. They don't get to just up and say what they think. They have to get the okay from their government to protest and shit.

--

After shocking the soccer world earlier this week by beating world #1 Spain, team USA took Brazil to the brink today in the Confederation Cup in South Africa. US had a 2 - 0 lead at the half, but Brazil was wayyyyyyyyyy too much for us in the second half and came back for the win.

I don't agree with some who said that a USA win would suddenly make soccer relevant in the US, but it would have at least made team USA relevant in international competition.

And, I have to say that South Africa is going to have to ban that fucking horn they love to blow throughout the matches before the World Cup next year.
Photobucket

It's a cheap little plastic horn that makes it sound like there is a massive swarm of killer bees heading our way. And not the funny killer bees like John Belushi or Elliot Gould either. I'm talking about the real killer bees that make this really scary and annoying BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound when they're coming at you!
Photobucket

After having to listen to that damn thing all day, I'm suddenly thinking that maybe those fucking thunder sticks that they used to hand out at NBA games weren't so bad. Okay, they were, but still, that horn has got to go!

Also, I got to entertain myself listening to the God-awful announcers talk about Brazil's Ricky Kaka a lot. While it wasn't quite as good as golf sexy talk last week, it was still pretty entertaining for my very juvenile sense of humor:

- "The Great Kaka"
- "He had a hold of Kaka"
- "A big handful of Kaka there"
- "The brilliant Kaka"
- "The very fast Kaka"
- "Very smooth Kaka"
- "A frustrated Kaka"
- "Kaka is blocked"
- "Kaka went down easily"

I guess it's at this point of the post that you are expecting me to post some pic of a hot babe that could in some way be associated with this post. Like maybe a super hot Brazilian beauty? Well, sometimes it's only fair to give the ladies a little eye candy too.

So ladies, I give you ... Wet Kaka:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment