Thursday, June 18, 2009

the hype

I will express what my summer has been like in pictures.








I am lucky that this summer I am not just laying around the couch watching mindless tv. Well I still am but for the last two weeks since summer has started my friends and I have been on a super sports hype. The awesome thing is that there is a nice big park right across the street from my house and I have just started finding out I have many friends who live very close by.

First it started with a couple of us playing tennis almost every day in the evening. Then one day I found a frisbee and we decided to try ultimate frisbee. Now when I first heard of ultimate frisbee I thought WOW SUPER LAME but man, I WAS WRONG!! That game is surprisingly intense and lots of fun. And lots of RUNNNNNNING. I haven't ran so much since pe in sophomore year. So we decided to have a big ultimate frisbee day and we played for quite awhile. Then the other day we had a volleyball day. My friend even bought a new volleyball set. But word to the wise, do not buy a volleyball set at Walmart for 20 bucks if you decide to playfully crash into the volleyball net because you will BREAK it. Yes that did happen but it was fixable. Today we played ultimate frisbee then SOCCER. My legs really ache. I can honestly say I have not had so much physical activity than I have had in these last couple weeks. But I really think exercising by playing outdoors with your friends really gives you motivation to be healthy and have fun at the same time. Without that competitive drive or the fun factor, I would end up staying inside for three months getting pasty and flabby! I love this sports hype!

Also since we graduated two weeks ago, I have attended multiple grad parties. And for some reason, at most of those grad parties or parties I have gone to, we have played rock band and rock band 2 numerous times. Since I do not own rock band, I was able to gradually go from easy to medium on guitar. Whoot to me. However my pinky SUCKS! The drums are not too bad either. Of course I rock at the vocals. Since I am tired of singing the same five typical songs (Maps by Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Move Along by American Reject, both paramore songs, Dani California - Red Hot Chili Peppers, anything by the killers, etc), my friend and I decided we should educate ourselves on all those crazy rock songs on rockband and youtube the songs and actually listen to them so we could familiarize ourselves with the songs. I am so excited for next rockband party because I really liked Celebrity Skin by Hole (Courtney Love's band). Though I realized when I finally listened to most of the songs, I recognize them because of hours wasted watching VH1's top rock songs or VH1's I love the 80's and other shows like that on VH1. VH1 has educated on the majority of my pop culture history that is prior to the 90's.

I realized what has also been missing in my life. LEFT 4 DEAD. The most awesome zombie killing game ever. I played it for three days straight. My friend and I were first introduced to it when we went to another friend's house after a grad party. The guys were just playing left 4 dead and we got hooked. Though I really suck at the whole two joint sticks (one for the direction of vision and the other for direction of your body) and the other five other buttons. Half the time I just couldnt figure out how to get out of the corner and around places. But I got okay at it. I was able to go through a whole mission by myself without dying in the first five minutes. Though I felt mentally drained after playing it for three hours. I do not know how guys can play games for hours at end.

Speaking of ZOMBIES, I read this book before the year ended called World War Z which was recommended to me by a friend. It was damn interesting. I have a personal love for zombie movies. This book seriously made me feel as if I should be prepared for a crucial zombie attack because zombies are the worst enemy because they are the WALKING DEAD so they already died and it is pretty damn hard to kill them again. But honestly this is great book because it narrates different points of views of the zombie war from all over the world and shows you how it spreads around the world. The author also does a great job of analyzing all aspects of the real world such as government, how humans interact with each other during a crisis, economics, etc. This guy is truly genius. There are rumours of it being turned into a movie and of course the movie can never measure up to the book but I would definetly go see it.


Oh and I have been sucked into watching that show I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of HERE because there is nothing better on television lately.



---christina.

No comments:

Post a Comment