Sunday, March 29, 2009

Take It Outside ...

So it was time once again for a Sunday trip to Wal-Mart. This trip was kind of ruined by the fact that I already hit Bingo on my Wal-Mart Bingo card before I even got in the building.

But, sometimes these things just can’t be helped. A big church bus pulled into the parking lot just as I was getting there. Trust me, I just about filled the entire Bingo Card out immediately.

There were kids running around with no shoes on, despite the fact that the temps were in the 40s with a cold breeze blowing. There were NASCAR t-shirts and Confederate Flag bandanas, tramp stamps and pretty much everything else. Also, I guarantee you there will be a diaper lying in the parking lot next to where the bus was when they leave.

I do admit there was nobody with an oxygen tank on the bus. But, there was an man who looked to be in his 60s who was on a scooter with an oxygen tank in the store. The bonus in this case was that his wife was buying cigarettes. Probably not for him though.

Anyway, the subject of this post isn’t really about the rubes who visit Wal-Mart. Well, it is, but these people that I’m going to talk about aren’t special to Wal-Mart. These people are EVERYWHERE.

Now, as you know I’m the kind of guy who goes to a public place like a mall and finds a great vantage point to sit and eat some french fries and drink a Pepsi while staring creepily at hot chicks a people watcher. I enjoy watching people in the natural habitat and rarely miss a down blouse or upskirt am pretty observant. Not that I had to be all that observant for what I saw today.

As I was leaving, there was a couple, who looked to be maybe in their late 20s or early 30s having a pretty animated argument outside. Not just outside the building but right outside the exit doors on the north end of the building. They couldn’t even move their little discussion over a bit and get out of people’s way and be a little less conspicuous about it. They stood right outside the door saying things like “You just aren’t listening to me!” And “I DO TOO take your feelings into account! That’s bullshit!”

Good times man. Good times.

Watching couples have an argument in public is the biggest bonus of going out sometimes. I especially love it when they are arguing in a restaurant and they are trying hard to keep their voices down. It’s always funny watching that.

Photobucket

But, my question is …

Why do people ALWAYS feel the need to take their arguments outside?

Anyone who has ever lived in an apartment building has experienced this a lot. Hell, I had one neighbor who would go outside to argue with his girlfriend over the phone! That was totally unfair cause I couldn’t hear her side of the story. Thoughtless bastard.

Anyhoodle, people love to argue in public. They love to go outside to argue and they love to stand in front of the exit or right in the middle of the food court at mall and glare at each other and talk in just above a whisper rage. It really isn’t an age thing either. People of all ages do this.

And to be honest with you, as baffled as I am at this habit, I have to say I love it. I’m always grateful to people who are willing to provide some decent entertainment at a fair price for me.

Seriously though, are you a “take it outside and argue in front of the neighbors and strangers” type? And if you are, why? And, do you enjoy watching others argue (as long as there is no hitting) as much as I do?


--


It’s time for Mellow Yellow Monday. Brought to us by Drowsey Monkey.
Photobucket

I always get a chuckle when my sister, Kell gets out here KitchenAid Mixer with the flames on the side.
IMG_0130

No comments:

Post a Comment