Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Layers ...

My very good friend Tink has created a little Christmas meme and since it was Tink, I decided to play along. Of course this means that Tink is now the Queen of Memes, so be sure to tag her with all of your memes people! ;-)

1. What was the best present you've ever received? When I was in 3rd grade (I think) I got a really sweet bicycle. I think it was my first real cool bicycle too. Freedom baby! Of course there have been others through the years, but that was probably my first best present ever.

2. What was the worst? I don't think I've ever gotten a really shitty Christmas present or one that I just hated. I have, from time to time gotten some PJs that everyone knew I wouldn't wear, but that's okay. haha

3. What is something you really want this year for yourself? I really would love a new laptop, but that's not exactly reasonable. Otherwise I don't really want anything.

4. What is something you really want this year for someone else? Nothing that is affordable. haha

5. What's your favorite Christmas memory? Probably back when we were kids and we would have Christmas over at dad's house. Then over at Nana Creta's and then the three of us, my sister, mother and I, would have Christmas at home on Christmas Day. And on Christmas Eve mom would always read "The Littlest Angel" and "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" to us and then we would sing Christmas Carols.


And since I'm on a meme roll here, I thought I would do this one too. Just for the hell of it.

Layer One:
- Name: Jay
- Birth date: March 7
- Birthplace: Yellville, Arkansas
- Current Location: Arkansas
- Eye color: Hazel green
- Hair Color: Rapidly graying light brown.
- Height: 6' … not 5'11" and 3/4 dammit! Exactly six feet!
- Righty or Lefty: Pretty moderate most of the time … oh, that's not what you meant. Right handed.
- Zodiac sign: Pisces.

Layer Two:
- Your Heritage: On my mother's side: Irish, English and some German. On my dad's side: Irish and Indians & Outlaws.
-The shoes you wore today: New Balance.
- Your weakness: Strippers.
- Your fears: Dying alone.
- Your perfect pizza: All meat.
- Goal you'd like to achieve: There are so many places I would love to travel to.

Layer Three:
- Your most overused phrase on AIM: Probably LOL
- Your first waking thoughts: Oh crap my back hurts and I really have to pee.
- Your best physical feature: My HUGE … er … uh … My eyes, I guess.
- Your most missed memory: Being happy and thinking the future was bright.

Layer Four:
- Pepsi or Coke: Pepsi
- McDonalds or Burger King: McDonald's … and it's not even close.
- Single or group dates: Single
- Adidas or Nike: All Day I Dream About Sex
-Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: Yuck.
- Chocolate or vanilla: Chocolate, but vanilla shakes are good. And so is vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup poured over it.
- Cappuccino or coffee: Yuck.

Layer Five:
- Smoke: Never.
- Cuss: Way more than I should.
- Sing: Only to punish people.
- Take a shower everyday: Unless I'm sick and/or just plan on lying around all day.
- Do you think you've been in love: I think I have once or twice.
- Want to go to college: University of Arkansas alum.
- Liked high school: High school sucked great big hairy, nasty donkey balls.
- Want to get married: Who's asking?
- Believe in yourself: On occasion.
- Get motion sickness: No.
- Think you're attractive: Not particularly.
- Think you're a health freak: No, but I wish I was.
- Get along with your parents: Mom yes, dad died 11 years ago.
- Like thunderstorms: I love them. Hell, I go outside and get video of them.
- Play an instrument: Nope.

Layer Six: In the past month….
- Drank alcohol: Yes
- Smoked: No
- Done drugs: Only over the counter sinus meds.
- Made out: Who's offering?
- Gone on a date: Nope.
- Gone to the mall: Yes, but it's not much of a mall. Here's my Mall Video.
- Eaten an entire box of Oreos: No, I haven't had Oreo's in quite some time. Mostly because I CAN just sit there and eat the whole box.
- Eaten sushi: No, not since my sister tried to kill me with Sushi back in the day.
- Been on stage: No, but I've been on internet radio.
- Been dumped: Nope.
- Gone skating: No and I would probably brake lots of bones it I did go.
- Made homemade cookies: No but cookies sound yummy right now.
- Gone skinny dipping: It's been a bit cold for that around here.
- Dyed your hair: No, but I'm seriously considering getting rid of the gray though.
- Stolen anything: Nope

Layer Seven: Have you EVER….
- Played a game that required removal of clothing: Yes I have, actually.
- Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: That's what college is all about
- Been caught "doing something": Something illegal? No. Something else? Yes.
- Been called a tease: Yes, actually.
- Gotten beat up: No, although I probably deserved it sometimes.
- Shoplifted: Yes.
- Changed who you were to fit in: Back in the day I tried to, but I still didn't fit in, so I stopped doing that.

Layer Eight:
- Age you hope to be married: I'm 40, so I'll go with 42. *shrugs shoulders*
- Names of children: "Prove it!" and "Bullshit!"
- Describe your dream wedding: It would be in Las Vegas, with Elvis presiding, Frank Sinatra as the best man, Marilyn Monroe as the maid of honor and Sammy Davis Jr. singing. That's total class. Otherwise just a quick trip to the Justice of the Peace on a Friday afternoon.
- How do you want to die: Right after saying "Wonder what this button does?"
- Where do you want to go to college: I already have, aren't you paying attention?
-What do you want to be when you grow up: When I was a kid I wanted to be a lawyer or a sports writer. Now, I don't know.
- What country would you most like to visit: England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Italy, The Netherlands, South Africa, Israel, Thailand, Japan, Brazil and the list goes on and on and on. Oh and Canada. ;-)

Layer Nine:
- Number of drugs taken illegally: Only a couple of pain pills that were prescribed to someone else. Other than that, ZERO.
- Number of people I could trust with my life: Probably three.
- Number of CD's that I own: Bunches
- Number of piercings: Zip
- Number of tattoos: None, but I'm open to the idea of getting one.
- Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper: A few times, but never in the police blotter.
- Number of scars on my body: A few. Couple on my arm from when I broke it in jr. high. One on my left thigh, a couple others here and there. And then there are my deep, emotional scars.
- Number of things in my past I regret: That's actually a pretty long list.



And since this is a kind of Christmasy type post, I'll leave you with a short video of my Christmas tree (totally copying off of Matt-Man here) while you are serenaded by one of the greatest entertainers of all time, and a really cool dude, Mr. Dean Martin …

No comments:

Post a Comment