Monday, November 17, 2008

things that make me cry

I've been watching/reading a lot of things in class lately and maybe I am just uber depressed and emotional with all the stress of college apps going on, my ap classes, school in general (senioritis!!), multicultural (next week!!!!), work, family, etc. and so I get teary eyed a lot.

EDWARD SCISSORHANDS



It doesn't help that I had just finished reading Frankenstein for AP Language before seeing this movie. I have never seen Edward Scissorhands but the teacher I TA for was gone for two days so we watched Edward Scissorhands for her class. I just felt sooo sad for him afterwards, the loneliness. :( And how he only got to experience love for such a little time. I wanted to cry very bitterly.
FRANKENSTEIN



I was super depressed after this book. Again I felt very sorry for how lonely Frankenstein's monster must have felt after he woke up and his own creator did not greet him, did not love him. It wasn't his fault he did not know how to deal with emotions and acted in violence. It was Dr. Frankenstein's FAULT!!! I think Mary Shelley's feminist point of view is that if Dr. Frankenstein had been a woman, he would have taken care of his monster like a mother to a child, and would not have abandoned it! Only a mother can love a child that looks like a monster!
Freedom Writers



This was a pretty good movie. Kind of typical at some points, I was surprised no one died or got shot but overall I think it is so cool how it is a true story. Funny, the teacher in Freedom Writers is called Ms. G, and the teacher I TA for who is one of my favorite teachers is also called Ms. G, and she is just as awesome as the lady in Freedom Writers. She really is one of those teachers to inspire and make you want to do well. I got teary-eyed at the ending. I love happy endings.

Pride and Prejudice





So we are reading it for AP Language. I read it back in sophomore year but I didn't appreciate the high fluent language and the British sarcasm like I do now. Plus I spark noted half of it. But this time I read the whole thing and it was fabulous. AND THE MOVIE IS AWESOME!!! HOT ROMANCE. I cried for joy after finishing the book. It really is one of the best romance novels. Although I was deeply annoyed with Elizabeth and all her feminist sarcasm, she got some sense in the end. We started the movie before we left for turkey break and when Mr. Darcy confessed his love, all the girls screamed haha. It was quite amusing.
WE GOT MARRIED



I AM SO MAD ALL MY FAVORITE COUPLES ARE LEAVING. I am so bitter and sad. I know it is just a reality show and it is all fake, but I know there are some real emotions in there. I cried when Andy and Solbi left. I was depressed when Alex and Shinae left. WHAT NEXT!?!? The lettuce couple --Hwangbo and HyunJoong :(


I need to start reading or watching things that make me happy.
I also cry over this.


BECAUSE HIS FACE IS SO PERFECT.
sigh. jang guen suk <33333.



-CK

No comments:

Post a Comment