Monday, November 10, 2008

Don't Be Late!

I had an appointment at the doctor's office today. The appointment was at 9:30. Do you know what time I arrived? 9:30. Why did I arrive at 9:30? Because that is when my appointment was scheduled.

Meanwhile, when I walked in a confused old man was in front of me. Unfortunately he was able to meander to the sign-in clip-board before I could get there. He took his time signing in. But I waited patiently because he had his Navy Veteran's cap on indicating which ship he served on during WWII - you know. The big one.

Anyway, when he finally finished and stepped away and the shadows had moved so gently across the floor, I stepped forward to sign in. Being curious, I looked at his information. The current time? 9:30. His appointment? 10am. Yes. You must always be half an hour early to an appointment.

If they took him before me, by God, I was going to swipe that cap of his. Fortunately for him, they took the patients according to when they were scheduled or sometime thereafter, which for me was 9:45.

Ugh.

Happy Veterans Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment