Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Proceed to Checkout....

Few things make a parent more proud than watching their children grow up and learn new things. However, I'm now at a point where I question my daughter's new-found love.

For my daughter's 9th birthday she received several gift cards to Limited, Too, the preteen clothing store that sells overpriced trendy clothes that they will wear for 3 months before it is so out of style.

She found the website on the gift card and decided to take a look. Then while on the website she discovered that if she liked something, she could add it to her shopping cart. She kept asking my wife if she could add this and that. My wife had to remind her that she had a limit that she could spend.

Now, I fear that she will use shopping cart to add her favorite clothing. I see her on the website all the time, days after she cashed in her gift cards. If I checked her shopping cart right now I'm sure I'd find hundreds of dollars worth of stuff that she just has to have. When did a 9 year old become a 16 year old?

No comments:

Post a Comment