Thursday, September 11, 2008

Touchy, Touchy ...

Seriously people, is this really what the world has come to?

After all of the cheap shots things I have said and done on this blog, the one that provokes the most vitriolic, over-the-top reaction is the Tom Brady post? Really?

I think there are few Bahston people who really need to check themselves. Maybe take a weekend and get away from everything. Maybe reevaluate your fucking priorities or something.

One guy even emailed me and said that Brady’s knee injury was a “tragedy” that the entire country was mourning. And he then went on to say that by “mocking” this tragedy I was “mocking” all the people who were genuinely devastated by Brady’s injury.

Yeah, at first I emailed him back and complimented him on his dead on hilarious imitation of the reaction of most Patriots fans.

Turns out he wasn’t kidding. He was stone cold serious.

Just for the record ... Dude ... The old “barefoot, sister-marrying hillbilly from Arkansas” shit isn’t all that clever anymore. Let’s try to be a little more creative, mmkay?


Look, I get that not everyone is going to think that I'm wonderful and funny and all that cool stuff. That's fine with me. And people are free to disagree with me all they want. Micky and Anndi both expressed their disagreement with me in comments and Anndi and I had a nice little exchange. That's great. But, this post isn't about them.

What I can’t stand is the over-the-top sanctimonious, hypocritical bullshit political correctness from so many people. Not just with the Brady Babies, but so many people who take things so damn personally.

Some people are so self-absorbed that they think that blog posts from people they don’t even know are about them.

Not to mention the “fake outrage crowd” of people who just spend all their time looking for something to be offended by.

In other news my evil plan to actually generate traffic and comments on a football post worked. ;-)

Anyway, I’ll try to keep on finding ways to offend you guys so you can send me your indignant emails. Hell, I’ll even try to find a way to offend you over something that actually fucking matters. How’s that?


--


Okay, some other stuff for those of you who don’t give a shit about my hate mail.

Lauren Conrad of “The Hills” fame has a new contract for a three book deal to write some young adult fiction. Holy crap! How does a person who probably hasn’t read more than a handful of books in her life get a deal to write books?

Oh yeah, cause she’s an MTV star...
Photobucket


And who the hell taught Hayden Panetierre how to get out of a vehicle? Just look at her....
Photobucket

She reaches down and holds her dress in place so that she doesn’t “Brittney” everyone? That’s just unacceptable. Somebody needs to tell her how things work in Hollywood.

After this I’m totally taking her out of my top five. Well, if I had a top five, I would.

Maybe I should do a top five though. Do you guys want to see my top five? Let me know.



Oh I’ve been meaning to mention again that you can follow me on Twitter. The link is over on my sidebar under “Wanna Be My Friend?” along with my YouTube page and Myspace and Facebook. I need more people to follow on Twitter.


And on a totally serious note you guys along the Texas Coast take care. Ike is going to be a monster. I hope it isn’t, but right now it doesn’t look good at all.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment