Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The NFL is FINALLY back baby! And not a moment too soon either. Sundays were really getting to be a problem finding something interesting going on.
Photobucket

Sunday broke like any other day. Politicians and other loudmouths were on all the Sunday morning shows. Giada de Laurentiis and Aida Mollenkamp were steaming up the Food Network. And idiots on ESPN and FOX were blathering on and on about how the New England Patriots were once again the team to beat this season.

Then the games started. I mostly watched the Philly/St. Louis game because I was ready for Brian Westbrook to put up big numbers. And did he ever! But, at some point I decided I should switch over and see how the Chiefs were holding up against the mighty Patriots. Just as I turned the channel I suddenly got a really funny feeling. It wasn't gas either. I know what that feels like.

I couldn't quite figure out what was going on. I couldn't even articulate my symptoms well enough to get an idea of what was going on over at WebMD.

Then it happened.

Suddenly I had this feeling of peace and love and happiness come over me. I felt all warm and tingly. Like I had just had a really smoking hot stripper come over and sit on my lap. I looked up at the TV and the most amazing thing happened.

Tom Brady had dropped back to pass and just as he let go of the football, Bernard Pollard did something almost superhuman. With strength and speed that could only have come from God himself, Mr. Pollard shook off a would-be blocker and shot through the line of scrimmage like a bullet. A bullet that hit Tom Brady smack dab in the middle of his right knee.

And just like the NFL became exciting and competitive again.

Not mention causing thousands of fantasy football team owners to fall into a deep depression and hit the bottle pretty hard.
Photobucket


Okay, so this week in the Cynical Blog League....
Photobucket
Photobucket

And here are the standings after week one ....
Photobucket



And finally .... On Sunday Carolina Tight End Dante Rosario caught a touchdown with no time left on the clock that beat San Diego. But, check out Fox Sports' graphic...
Photobucket

Uhh .. Hey Fox Sports.

This is Dante Rosario...
Photobucket

And this is Rosario Dawson ...
Photobucket

Let's try to keep them straight, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment