Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Football Wednesday - Oh So Close...

Did you guys know that it has been nearly two years since the NCAA has busted a major college football or men’s basketball program for rules violations? Well it has. I find that pretty amazing. And it is really.

What I also find amazing is that in that two year period that the NCAA hasn’t busted anyone two things have happened:

1. The University of Alabama football program has been completely rebuilt and is now ranked near the top of the polls.

And

2. Memphis High The University of Memphis men’s basketball program has made their way to the top of the rankings and a trip to the final four.

Coincidence? I think not.


--


Anyway, here are the results from this weeks Cynical Blog League Fantasy Football match ups…
Photobucket
Photobucket

And the current standings …
Photobucket


As you can see the Deatheaters have begun their long, bitter trek to the bottom. I would complain about only losing by 1.7 points*, but it’s really my own fault. Every time I look at the game box score I also look down at the guys on my bench and I see Laveranues Coles and his 28 points just sitting there. The fact that I benched Coles and played that steaming pile of dog crap Braylon Edwards kind of at the last minute doesn’t make it any easier either. I have this vision of Coles sitting there on my team’s bench grabbing his crotch saying “Yeah, bench this dumbass!” or something like that.

Anyway, I still think that if Brian Westbrook gets healthy soon and is added to some of the new acquisitions on the team there is the potential to make a run and still get into the playoffs. I still think that there might be some minor changes that need to be made though. Nothing huge. I don’t want to overhaul the whole team. Just a couple of moves to improve things.

Also, the blonde cheerleader experiment is over for now. I’ve decided to go back to the brunettes. It just seems to be a better fit. So here is my new cheerleader.
Photobucket

Again, these changes may seem minor, but they really are important to team morale.




*I lost 2 points on Deshaun Jackson’s fumbled punt. Even though he was on the field as a punt returner and not a wide receiver, the points are deducted from the player no matter what.

And I lost by 1.7 points.

Very depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment