Tuesday, March 30, 2010

p.s. Hey. I had a rough night, and I might be an increment better today, I can't tell yet. I'm fit enough to do the p.s. at least. Still, between the sickness stuff and my usual Tuesday rush to beat the arrival of the exile-wielding Recollets cleaning crew, I won't be up to par today, I'm sure. Okay, ... ** Kosten Koper, Hey, man! Very nice and a pleasure to see you! Thanks much for the Billy post props and for the info adds. Hope all's well with you and yours. ** David, Oh, yeah, filling in the Smiths' 'William' blank with Mckenzie is interesting, no? Real glad you liked the Associates stuff. Nice haul you got there, indeed. I would be surprised if that Carpenters trib. thing was in print, yes. You're really going to write out the Angus Wilson thing one of these days? I will be its suitor. ** Paul Curran, Thanks a lot, Paul. ** Joseph, Hey, Oh, yeah, the post and formatting and stuff was just fine. Well, see how you think it looks in a couple of days. I'm pleased, let's say. Until my health got waylaid, I was going to sneak out to see 'Hot Tub Time Machine' before I left LA. So it's the clever thing it seemed like it could have been? ** David Ehrenstein, Wow about the 'Dhalgren' production, and at The Kitchen, no less. Serious New Yorker envy going on. Nice piece on him, and nice pic too. ** Tosh, Glad you liked it, Tosh. Oh, I got your FB IM after the fact, and ... Really? Truly? That is so fucking cool, if true! Thank you, sir. ** Kier, Hey, Kier. I missed you, man. I'm really glad the meds and friends are swinging you back up where you belong. New Flesh World! And, yeah, I would really love a post about your 38th Street Press book for all kinds of reasons if it's easy for you to do. That would be awesome, pal. Oh, sorry about the no school next year thing. Please avoid the topic if it's bothersome, but, if not, why? In any case, fuck school, you know? Let Plan B become Plan A. ** Sweettomb, Hey, Trinie! Yeah, it was super great to see you guys. Excellent about the job and rent paying and all that. Most excellent of all about the story writing. Can't wait to read the newbies, pal, and I hope I'll get to see you guys somewhere somehow before long. Big love to you and Matt. ** JW Veldhoen, Yeah, I know what you mean, man. ** Put The Lotion In The Basket, I'm trying to embrace the sick thing, man. But it's centered around this recurrent cough and chest/throat scratching and pain stuff that seeks to defy all forms of soothing and pain killing and is just seriously uncharming. But I'll keep trying. Oh, wow, on that scrotum chewer off guy. I have to share that. Everyone, PTLITB passes along this, and it's a true story, and it's titled 'Meow meow drug teen ripped his scrotum off', and just click it. That did cheer me up. Oh, while I've got you, your 'Eurov...' thing is going to show up here on the blog on this coming Saturday, so, like, prepare yourself or whatever feels best. ** Math, Oh, shit, I hope your clusters have ... I don't know, dispersed, diminished, been decimated? High five for sure, dude. My sickness thing seems like it's going to be this nagging, slow to leave thing so far, but who knows. ** Heliotrope, Hey, Mark. I'm doing battle with the health shit as best I can. I hope the stint at your sister's goes okay. Her being very busy is good, right? Unless you mean very busy keeping her house very clean. Love to you, pal. ** Bernard Welt, Granted, my head is figurative gauze, but I didn't understand that 'March Madness' thing at all. At the same time, I imagine you explaining it would decimate its delicate humor or sensibility or something, so don't feel obligated. I just couldn't figure it out at all. ** Will Decker, That all sounds really nice indeed, Will. Life is fragile, no doubt about that, I say, speaking as a sick and thus expertise filled person. Thanks for the well wishes. ** Steevee, Yeah, my sickness feels so close to the same today too that I'm kind of unnerved, which is no help. I know a little Gonjasufi, some stray tracks, all very interesting. Sounds like it's worth grabbing an album, right? Feel better, man, as will I, hopefully. ** Chris Goode, Thanks a lot for the hugs, Chris. I did my best not to get any on you. I hope your clock aligns with the official one, like, now. Oh, I was going to ask you how Brighton went, but I bet I can find out at Thompsons, right? I'll go check later. If not, any thoughts? Love to you, C. ** Changeling, Oh, man, I hope not. I'm more worried about bronchitis for some reason. I guess because I had that last year. No fun. You're lucky to have that grandma. Maybe I can simulate her. Really loving your latest writings/ blog entries, of course. And that illustration is crazy. I wonder if a train plus tuck and roll thing would cure me. What are you up to today? ** Justin, Hey. The difficulty of finding the fabrics must be kind of fun in a way, no? I guess I'm imagining it to be sort of like record collecting, trying to find that rare 45 you need, sort of like that slave at the top of the post, ha ha. Hope it goes okay with your therapist. I mean, it should be okay, right? Still, I hear you on the worrying. Let me know. ** Creative Massacre, I'm, mm, doing okay, I guess. I thought I'd feel better today than I do, though. Ugh, about the Szechuan backfire. I can feel that. ** Inthemostpeculiarway, Hey. I'm smoking a lot less, and that's the best I can do. In fact, I'm doing that thing you hate where I only smoke about half of a cigarette before tossing it. But that can't help helped, and no one can see me. I would kill for a bathtub this morning, but, no, I don't have one. A cramped shower. I've done that thing with friends on their birthdays all the time. It usually works, I think. My Monday was crappy and uneventful, as you can imagine. Uh, let's see ... I was sort of split between feeling better and feeling worse off and on all day. I went out and bought some food on my lonesome, and that was the highlight. My publisher sent me the final cover copy/pdf of 'Smothered in Hugs' for my approval, and I approved. This guy from Switzerland in in Paris and wants to interview me, and I said okay for this afternoon as long as he comes over here, and he will, and I'm going to try to get myself through that. I found out I'm going to be in Brest for the theater rehearsals from the 12th to the 20th. I think I did some emailing. I coughed a lot. I watched a documentary on Ravi Shankar on French TV. I guess I ate and stuff. The day is fuzzy in retrospect. I eventually went to bed feeling like I could sleep okay, but I woke up after an hour with a horrible cough, and took a bunch of medicines and stuff, and it took four hours before I managed to sleep again and not for very long. Yeah, that was my day. Pretty crappy. I guess I can tell you about my interview or something tomorrow, worst comes to worst. Sorry, man. Try me with your Tuesday. ** Bill, Thanks, Bill. I'm crawling as quickly as I can. So, are you traveling with a mountain of luggage like Von Aschenbach in 'Death in Venice'? ** Alan, Thanks, Alan. ** Misanthrope, No, I didn't get those Zicam things, but I don't think they'd be the answer to this particular malady, or else it's convenient for me to think so, at least. Oh, yeah, aging rules, man, for sure, ha ha. The golden years, my ass. ** L@rstonovich, Hi, man. We've got a week of rain going on over here. Charming, not. You know, I've never watched even a second of 'Gossip Girls', isn't that weird? And for absolutely no reason. If I could, I'd watch that TLC 'Hoarders' show 24/7. ** Paradigm, Hey, Scott! Thanks a lot for catching me up. I just had a quick, bleary-eyed look at the Black Kite Press homepage, but it looks like a really great project. Let me pass it on. Everyone, Paradigm is a brilliant guy, writer, activist, and much more as well as a long time d.l. of this here blog. He has a new project going on, and I urge you to click the following link and check it out. In his words, 'my housemate and myself have started up a small printing press called black kite press. it's website is www.blackkitepress.org if anyone wants to check it out. our first publication will be a collection of peoples personal reflections from political protests and campaigns from around australia over the alst 20 years or so. we've been slowly getting pieces and going to spend all of april going through them and sourcing more stuff before designing it and chasing the funds to print.' I tried to find the Overland blog to no avail. Do you have an address handy? Well, ups and downs not withstanding, you sound like you're doing great and doing great things, man. That's very heartening to hear. Other than my current sickness, I'm good, working on my novel, getting the next theater piece in shape, etc. My very best to you, man. ** I'm going to go bundle up and prepare for my exile now. It's your monthly slaves day. I'll hope to feel better and be more sprightly tomorrow, and I'll see you then in any case. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment