Thursday, March 25, 2010

MoCo Tour (#2: The Broadwater Series)

Saturday Susan & I traveled 15 miles away to the village (yes, you heard me right) of Broadwater. Population (as of the 2000 census): 140. It was SO much fun!! And, I got to use one of Susan's Big Girl cameras. I felt so awesome. I bet I looked awesome too. (haha!) I'm getting practice in for when I get my OWN camera for my birthday this year!! (Which is in 2 weeks. Holla!) I can't wait to return to Broadwater & do some more photo hunting. Honestly, I think we woulda stayed longer that afternoon, but the locals seemed a bit unsure of who we were & what we were doing there. It was obvious we had our cameras & were taking pictures--of EVERYTHING!! But still, we had a lot of people driving by really slowly, people whispering & talking, looking our direction, even coming out of there houses to strain their necks & see what was going on. It made me feel really odd. It didn't seem like curiosity. It was like "suspicion". It was an unwelcome feeling. It's not like I was vandalizing their village. I left my spray paint & bat in the car. I joke, I joke.
{And I should state that I only speak for myself here.}
It made me wonder if there is an etiquette. We said hello, we didn't cross private property or do anything rude or disrespectful. I better figure out the "how-to's" of small-town photography, because I plan on doing a lot of it. And I want to be welcomed back into these amazing little places I keep discovering every week.

Anyway, our adventures were fantastic! We had lovely blue skies all day...it was a happy afternoon.  

To view The MoCo Tour: Broadwater complete set of photos on flickr, click HERE.
Wheeeee!
Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment