Thursday, March 25, 2010

Congress and the Senate


To: The Congress and Senate of these United States
From: One really irritated rabbit

Re: I WANT MY VOTE BACK!

When I was in school, I was taught that it was rude to interrupt when someone else was speaking. When I was in business, if someone disrupted a meeting (which, by the way, never happened) that person would be asked to leave. Why, as a congressman or Senator, do you think it’s appropriate to scream out an inane comment when another public figure is speaking? Do you honestly think I appreciate this display of immaturity representing me? Do you think an insincere apology will mollify me? Sir or madam, it will not. I want you gone – out of here. I want your head shaved and painted orange. I want you stripped naked, and paraded out of town in the middle of winter while clinging by your fingernails to the top of a forty-foot tar covered telephone pole. And it’s not for you that I want this. You are history. Rather, I want the imbecile who replaces you to go into the job fully educated.

I don’t want one party to vote a hundred percent for a bill where the other party votes a hundred percent against it. And if a bill is voted into law, I don’t want to hear – that very day, that you are going to work to have it repealed at the first opportunity. Excuse me for asking, but … if you are so dissatisfied with this bill that you brag that you had nothing to do with it’s creation … my question is, why didn’t you? What am I paying you for? What are you doing up there? I think I’ve had enough. Clean out your desks and go. No hurry. Take all morning if you must.

What started my tirade? Today I heard a man casually comment that he’d like to see someone “take a gun an’ shoot the President an’ all them damn democrats.” True story.

Shocked (and more than a little naive), I asked the man why he wanted all these people murdered.

“Because of the - - health reform law,” he grumbled.

I thought about that. “Isn’t killing people over a health bill something of an oxymoron,” I asked.

The man bristled, sure that I was belittling him. He left, the anger more obvious than it was before he forced conversation upon me.

I wondered if he was encouraged by all the pompous rhetoric you have been spouting over the past weeks and months? I wonder if he will find justification in some form of violent action by following your leadership.?

And if someone is killed, I wonder if you can be tried as an accomplice or instigator? Boy, I hope so.

And so, whatever your motivations are, I want you to be aware of the following:

(1) YOU NO LONGER REPRESENT ME! I release you from your claimed obligations. You are, in fact, a source of great personal embarrassment.


(2) You have lost my vote. Not only have you lost my vote in the upcoming elections, but I’m going to see if I can take back my vote from the last several times you ran for office.

(3) It takes a lot – it really does, but you do NOT have the approval of a rabbit!


j

No comments:

Post a Comment