Thursday, October 29, 2009

Tacky to the Max (cont.)

Tia & I had a GREAT time hunting for the perfect tacky Christmas sweater! There were so many to choose from. Our shopping cart was piled high with all things awful & awesome in the holiday sweater department. We tried on 13 sweaters, all varying in ugliness. Some of the best were: a faux cross-stitch mitten sweatshirt, a completely sequined angel sweater, & a teddy bear sweatshirt--lined in gold glittery puffy paint! After our impromptu fashion show we both fell in love with some fabulous sweater vests.

Here's a video of our vests in action...

And, yes, I do realize I look like a Christmas whale. My vest is 3 sizes too big. I thought maybe it would make me look smaller because of the surplus in size. But, nope. And I'm pretty sure I broke that "black makes you look slimmer" rule by a longshot! Who cares though, it's all in good fun. And I have great plans for my tacky sweater vest. I'm hoping to pair it with some red leggins (wouldn't stirrup pants be the icing on the tacky Christmas cake?!) & a long-sleeved turtle neck.
Oh, & Tia's vest has major bell overload. It's awesome! And the back is my favorite!

This picture, my fave of the day, shows some ugly sweaters that almost won us over.


Yay for silly days with friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment