Wednesday, February 18, 2009

whereever you'll go, thats where ill follow

There’s the feeling, and the right reading – that’s all you really need to know; the right light and the feeling

----Linda Mccartney

I started taking Photo 1. At first I was excited but the first time we had an assignment and we were walking around campus and taking pictures, it was much harder than I thought. I was bewildered. How do I just start taking pictures of anything and everything and make it into SOMETHING!? Our whole class was puzzled. It was uncomfortable and weird to just start snapping at inanimate objects, but we did and with practice we realized what we wanted. When I first started to look through my photos, I looked and looked until I find exactly what I wanted (we had to find line, shape, space, texture and value). Although there were a bunch of pictures of trees, branches, and leaves, I definitely started to see more than just a bunch of twigs and leaves. I saw lines, I saw shadows, I saw texture. A whole new world out my old world.

I really appreciate photos much better and even though my sister still doesnt get why I take such "boring" pictures, I still see value in them. I am still super amateur (only been four weeks in the class), I am getting better bit by bit.





I was proud of my focus for these pictures.
Focusing and having a picture be sharp can be the hardest part!

Words fail to express the passion within my heart for what I do. Allow me to show you. May you then discover why I see, therefore I am.


-----Michael Davis

Another assignment we had in photo was to find an old picture of ourselves (under 3rd grade) and compare to a picture of us now. Well I had a picture when I was like four/five. It was my birthday. I have a cut on my lip because my brother hit me with a baseball bat that day ("accidentally"). Then I took a picture of myself in photo. Oh and this is a new bow I got at forever 21 on Saturday. It has a very obnoxious large bow. But very cute.




My newest picture for our balance assignment.
Out of 50 pictures, this was the best one.
It is VERY hard to photograph children.
Especially babies.





Wish I could have a sharper image.
But it is hard to find the right settings to take pictures inside at night.

Does anyone know the best settings inside with fluorescent light?


No comments:

Post a Comment