Thursday, February 19, 2009

Old Pics, JLH, Itching and HST ...

So, the other day I posted about my fourth cousin getting in touch with us and finding out more about my family tree. Well, she emailed us a picture of my great great uncle Thomas Loy from sometime in the late 1800's. Check it out ....
Thomas_Loy-small

(clickr for biggr in Flickr)

The people she got the pic from said that they believed he is wearing his Irish Guards uniform in this pic. But, some think it might be a Scottish Regimental uniform too. I have no idea. Do you?

Anyway, it's a cool pic.

Also, she sent us a couple of stuff from when my great great grandfather and great great uncle made the local paper The Northern Echo (which is still in bidness today) ...

"1895 Thomas Loy, army reserve man fined 15 sh or 10 days jail for being drunk & riotous in Stockton st mbro."

"1876 oct 31 Disgraceful kicking case in Mbro. George Loy
given 1 months hard labour for bodily harm, repeatedly kicking another man in Newport rd Mbro"

How freaking cool is that? They were a rambunctious bunch, weren't they? “Mbro” is Middlesbrough, England.

Also, you might notice that this is George’s brother Thomas, no his father Thomas. One of the problems we’ve been running into is that they weren’t all that creative when it came to naming kids back in the day. They basically all used the same names. People tended to name the first daughter the same name as the mother. Then the rest would be the father’s or mother’s sisters. The son’s would get the father or mother’s brothers names. So there are bunches of Peter’s, Thomas’s, Patrick’s, George’s etc etc.

I swear, I would have killed for a Shiloh Moon-Unit Apple Dweezle Loy, just so there would be ONE that I could keep track of easier.

--

Jay Leno has finished his tenure as host of the tonight show. I like Leno alright, but have always been more of a David Letterman fan. When I was growing up my mother would let me stay up long enough to see Johnny Carson's monologue because I was a HUGE fan of his. But, when Leno took over I didn't like some of the changes he made and, well, he just wasn't Johnny.

But, he totally redeemed himself for anything he did wrong over the years right here at the end by having Jennifer Love Hewitt on and reminding her of her promise to show him how good she was at doing push-ups.
Photobucket

Well, played Jay. Well played.

--

Okay, so I thought I would bring this up cause I thought it was a little weird.

Yesterday, when I was, uh .. sitting on my throne doing my morning business, I began to itch, you know, down there. Now, don't try to claim that you have never had bung hole itch before, so stop with the "ewwwwwwwwwww" looks. Anyway, we all know that when that happens, you have to deal with it.

But, here's the weird part. My belly button also started itching at the same time.

Do you think there's a connection between the two itches? It seems a bit odd, but it could be possible.

Has this ever happened to you?

--

Now, I know that last segment made some of you uncomfortable. But, as I have often said, great artists make their audiences uncomfortable sometimes.

Besides, even blogger says I'm funny. This was my word verification when I commented on Tink's blog yesterday ...
Photobucket

And, yes, my comment was funny too.

--

Friday is the fourth anniversary of Hunter S. Thompson’s suicide.
Photobucket

To commemorate this day I will be getting totally fucked up on a crazy-ass cocktail of drugs and attempting write my next blog post Tweeting HST quotes throughout the day tomorrow. I can tell how excited you are about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment