Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Stupid People Are Taking Over ...

Every morning, while I'm busy trying to wake up, I listen to the local rock music radio station. We only have three in this area. Two country stations and this one. The morning DJ on this rock station has clearly decided that instead of being Dr. Johnny Fever, he would actually rather be Rush Limbaugh. In between his morning playing songs from The Eagles and U2, he takes the time to pontificate on the issues of the day.

I know there are a lot of people out there who would probably scream "I don't want to hear politics, I want to hear more Nickleback! If I wanted to listed to political talk I would turn it over to a talk station!" And they have a point. But, I don't mind so much. Mostly because I find him pretty humorous. Unfortunately, he thinks he is being very serious and would probably be quite offended if he knew I was laughing at him.

See, every morning this dude brings up an issue that is in the news and then provides his analysis for. The problem is, his analysis is just reading some stuff from right wing blogs. He doesn't even put it in his own words. He reads it verbatim!

I know this because I read the same blogs sometimes. I read both right wing and left wing blogs when I get bored purely for the entertainment value. I NEVER comment on them though. I used to comment on both conservative and liberal blogs, but got tired of all the vitriol if I didn't toe the line and just agree with everything being said by the person who wrote the blog post.

This DJ’s opining started about a month before the election last fall. Each morning this dude (I would tell you his name, but I don’t know it) would make this sweeping statements like …

“Here’s what it really comes down to folks. John McCain wants to lower the taxes of every single person in this country. Barack Obama wants to raise the taxes of every single person in this country. That’s really all there is to it.”

Or

“Look folks, the evidence is pretty clear that Barack Obama is a Muslim.”

And his best ever …

“It has been PROVEN – in a court of law – that Barack Obama is NOT a native born citizen of this country! It’s right here people!”

As I said, I would lie there and listen to this guy and just chuckle. I always just chuckle at people who believe every single thing they read on the internet. Or everything they get in their email. Or everything written for a newspaper. I used to get mad at this stuff, but now I just laugh. The same way I laugh at the people who believe everything they read on the left-wing blogs. Try thinking for yourselves sometime people!

Anyhoodle, as I said he tends to just read stuff from the internet word for word. This past Monday, President’s Day, I found out why. See, he’s not all that good at “off the cuff” remarks. He was reading off the list of all Presidents ranked from best to worst that C-Span had commissioned all these historians to put together. If you haven’t seen it, you can RIGHT HERE.

Here are some of the highlights from his going over the list and pontificating …


He scoffed at George W. Bush being “ridiculously low” on the list. (Okay, it is kind of impossible to really tell where W should be on the list cause he was JUST President like a month ago.)

He “didn’t realize that Millard Fillmore was ever the President.” (Fillmore wasn’t exactly memorable, but we pretty much all should know that he was, in fact, President.)

He claimed that Harry Truman was a republican. (He was a democrat.)

He claimed that Herbert Hoover was a democrat. (He was a republican.)

But, the real LOL portion of his performance was when he said “Andrew Johnson. Next to last on the list. Only one other President worse than him. Well, we all know how turbulent the Sixties were and how terrible Vietnam was.”

Yeah, he thought Andrew Johnson was President during the 60’s after JFK instead of Lyndon Johnson. Honest mistake, or is he just a moron? I’m thinking he’s a moron.


Okay, so that does piss me off just a little bit. I don’t mind it when people read a news article or quote someone’s speech and then give their interpretation of what was said. That’s fair. I see a lot of blogs where people just quote political blogs just like this DJ does. I don’t argue with them or anything cause they aren’t usually looking for an actual discussion. They just want everyone to say “You’re so right!” Or “This was brilliant!” or whatever. It's a total waste of time to try to have any discussion with them.
Photobucket

But, when someone is so damn stupid and can’t even get the most basic facts right, it really drives me crazy. So, I decided to blog about this guy’s stupidity and lack of actual basic knowledge to see if it made me feel any better.






I didn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment