Monday, October 13, 2008

So Wassup?

Hola Bitches!

So, I’m in Omaha, Nebraska right now. If you are reading this on Tuesday, then I will be on my way back home though. But, I’ve got family in again this week and other stuff going on, so I might not be around all that much for the rest of the week.

I know, I haven’t been commenting as much as I had been lately anyway. And I haven’t been responding to comments either. And .. OKAY FINE, I SUCK! THERE YOU HAPPY?

Anyway, today is also supposed to be WWC day. Hosted by the fabulously awesome Tink of Pickled Beef. Obviously, I don’t have my WWC pics done yet. But, next week I will make up for this week AND do next week’s words too.

Here’s a little example of the people I’ve been dealing with lately …


While at the grocery store last week I walked past an isle that had a woman with four teenage kids around her. The kids were obviously teasing her and giving her a hard time about something. Then all of the sudden the lady pointed at one of the boys and yelled “HEY! I’M GOING THROUGH MENOPAUSE! SO YOU DON’T WANNA MESS WITH ME BUDDY!”

The kid looked kind of stunned. Probably because he has no idea what menopause is.


While at the library I was walking towards the back when I happened upon one of our local homeless people sitting at a table and reading a book. As I walked past him, he looked up at me and I said hello to him. He put the book down and obviously had something he wanted to say to me, so I stopped.

The man then said “They can refuse to give me a library card, but they can’t stop me from reading a book here at the library. That’s because this is a public library, and I’M a member of the public.”

Well, he does have a point there.


And finally as I was driving to Omaha on Sunday, I stopped just across the Iowa line at a convenience store. I asked the girl behind the counter “Which is the quickest way to Omaha. Going up I-29 to Council Bluffs and then over, or over to Nebraska City and take 75 straight up?”

She told me to go through Nebraska City. So, I said okay, I would go that way.

Then she says “But … it’s slower to go that way.”

What?

See, I’ve always considered “quickest” and “slower” to be kind of opposites.

Then she said “The speed limit is only 60 on Hwy 75, but you’ll still get there sooner.”

Ohhhhhhhhhh … It’s “slower” but “quicker.”

Sure thing babe.



Okay, so that’s pretty much the highlight of my last week or so dealing with people.

Anyway, I’ll be back in town sometime Tuesday evening and hope to get caught up with everyone later this week. Have I missed anything big? Any good gossip that I need to be caught up on?

Later Bitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment