Sunday, October 26, 2008

Just Some Stuff ...

There were a couple of things brought up on posts last week and some of the comments so I thought I’d hit on those things here. Plus a couple of other things too.


- While I’m definitely considering some kind of overhaul of the blog, it probably won’t include a move to Word Press. I don’t know if I want to go to that much effort. Maybe just a change of the look of this blog. Besides, I don’t want to have to ask people to change their links on their blog rolls.

Most importantly though a few people said that they don’t like Word Press very much. Knight was the first to mention this and well, we all know that Knight freaking rules and I’m pretty much going to do whatever she wants. So, no Word Press.

Speaking of blog rolls, I’ve really got to do something about mine. Its a mess. I have many on there that are no longer blogging and I have several that need to be added. And a few who went private and didn’t invite me. Not that I’m bitter about that at all. I don’t know why I obsess over this blog roll so much, but I do. I don’t wanna leave anyone out. I used to look at other people’s links to see if I was there, but I don’t do that anymore.

Maybe I’ll just add that “Follow Me” Option to the sidebar and let that be my blog roll?


- I agree that is does seem odd that there would be a Mexican Consulate in Omaha, Nebraska. I really don’t think the Mexican population there is very big at all. But then again, there’s a Mexican Consulate in Little Rock too. Hell, you can fly direct from Little Rock to Mexico City now.


- I’m surprised by how picky some of ya’ll are about your redheads. I remember back in the summer all the talk by some people about if Barack Obama is “black enough” and I thought that was silly, but I had no idea that redheads and redhead lovers were so militant about someone being “redhead enough.”

Unfortunately I think I’ve found all the redhead cheerleaders there are for my Wed posts. I’ve looked and looked and looked. It’s just been killing me to look at ALL THOSE cheerleader pics trying to find a redhead for you people.

Anyway, just for the hell of it, here is my current favorite redhead (although I admit that I haven’t seen whether or not the carpets mach the drapes, but she looks like a “real” redhead to me) Christina Hendricks …
Photobucket

You probably, or at least should, know her as the smoking hot Joan Holloway on Mad Men. Or, you might know her as the smoking hot Olivia on one of my other favorite shows Life. Aaaaaaaaand some of you might even remember her as the smoking hot Saffron from Firefly back in the day.


- I can’t believe there was no Sunday Night Football on NBC this week. Who’s idea was this? Just because they didn’t want to put on an NFL game opposite the World Series? All out of “professional” courtesy? Pffft .. I say the NFL should just MLB’s ass in the ratings head to head. Wouldn’t it be hilarious if just a regular season NFL match up whipped a World Series game in the ratings? Yeah, I think it would be.


- Last week while Kell was here, she made a big pot of White Bean Chicken Chili. It was so yummy I decided to make a pot of it again tonight …
Chicken White Bean Chili

I love this stuff!


And finally, in honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, there are several bloggers doing their part to Save The Ta-Ta’s!

G-Man over at Man Overboard is actually making a donation for every set of Ta-Ta’s that a blogger sends him. He’s up to $26 so far, and there’s still a week to go. Let’s see if we can get that total up there some more this last week people!

And, Olga the Traveling Bra and Claire want you to “Smoosh” your boobies. Follow THIS LINK to find out what she’s talking about! It’s all in the name of breast cancer prevention. Oh, and it’s also Doodle Week too. So those of you who are handy with some kind of MS Paint software or something similar, go over to OTTB and find out what Doodle Week is all about too.

No comments:

Post a Comment