Saturday, October 25, 2008

homecoming weekend & update on life.

Although my homecoming week was last week, I finally had time to update. Homecoming was pretty fun. I plan to go to all the dances this year for senior year, even junior prom if I can find a junior to go with (hahah). So my homecoming dress was actually less than $5. I bought it at the thrift store. It caught my eye when I went thrifting with Adrienne and Michelle for their first time experience. I tried it on and it was a little ehh because it didn't fit so tight so I decided against it. But I went again the next day with my mom and sister and I bought it because I liked it so much. So on the day of the dance, to make the dress straps higher, I cut them on the back and made them into a halter. Then I put one of those tacky gold sequined belts that were really popular when I was like 8th/freshman around my waist and doubled it and used the clasp as sort of a decoration. It gave the dress a better shape and accentuated my waist. So I think it turned out pretty well. Everyone liked it. And it was sparkly. It was a little old school with the second layer of skirt underneath.





I liked that picture even though it is blurry.
It captures all of our fun and youth and happiness.

So the deadlines of UCs are coming closer and closer. And I have yet to start my personal statement. With college applications coming so close, I have a lots of doubts and fears but I am trying to go past it. I try so hard to continue to believe I can do it, to believe that I will make it, and just keep striving harder and farther no matter what statistics, collegeboard, counselors and my peers say. I will make it to where I want, what I want to do and you know what, I am not going to be like EVERYONE else going toward majors of math/science. Sometimes I feel it is hard to major in english/history subjects or journalism/communications but I will do it. Because that is what I excell in and I sure will kickass to do what I love so I will try hard.
Never quit. Because by doing so, you are giving your oppressors what they want.

I found that quote somewhere, but it describes what I feel and what I need to feel.

Also I have been working my ass off for multicultural. I know I am being a little loco and putting more effort than necessary for a show that is only for one day and just for an assembly and night show, but I really care a lot. Because I am the leader and choreographer of Korean fan dance, I want it to be perfect and ordering around 24 GIRLS is a lot of work. And making sure they are in unison at the right time, in the right order, and emphasize grace and beauty while spinning and moving fans. But it will turn out all right in the end, it always does.

And so far for colleges, I am almost done with state schools, just need to work on personal statements, and thank goodness private school applications arent due until JANUARY!!! After January, life will be normal and I will partying every day to celebrate senior year. Just let me survive through school, work, my crazy family, multicultural and life until then.


this song makes me think it will be alright.


<
this song makes me happy, great song to sing along to.


--christina.




No comments:

Post a Comment