Friday, October 10, 2008

im feeling pretty good.

So today I was volunteering for my high school Key Club and we were helping host an event for Toy Box (which is run by our chemistry teacher at school) and I was an usher. So the charity event helped raised money to this program called Toy Box, which allows parents in need to pay for toys at low low prices for their kids for Christmas. Well the show had Gabe Bondoc, David Garibaldi, and the Boogie Monsterz performing, and others. I did not know Gabe Bondoc was going to be there and when I heard the host announce I was FREAKING OUT because I was a fan. Not a huge crazy fan but I was very surprised because I did not even expect to see the show and I didn't really know what the show was about. Well, he did perform (wonderfully). So during intermission I was helping out and I also wanted to see Gabe Bondoc. Maggie and I had to man the stage area and guard the dj area. I guess a couple of kids believed that Gabe was going to come out of the side stage doors but he didn't so they just looked around looking stupid. Then Mimi came down to find me and said where Gabe was so Maggie and I ditched our stations (like there was any danger anyway...) and ran to go see him. I took a couple pictures with him. And I got an autograph. I was literally fangirly to the max. My hand was jittery, my heart was pumping, it was crazy. I do not know where these emotions were coming from. I guess the inner fan girl in me. He was really nice because I would be freaked by some many kids hovering over me. Everyone was kind of freaking out over him. Later Maggie and I went back to our stations and those same kids were waiting around and so Maggie was nice and she told them where he was and they rannnn to go see him.

For those who don't know him, here is a little video of him. He sang this song but instead he changed it to wintertime, since it was supposed to be a charity for Christmas.



ahhhh... I still feel giddy meeting him.

Well after intermission, the main event was David Garibaldi. HE IS AMAZING. This was the first time I saw one of his shows. He is a LIVE artist. He paints to music. He can paint a portrait in like 3 minutes. It was amazing and a great show. He was very entertaining. These are the paintings he painted at our event.



John Lennon, Albert Einstein



MLK Jr, Jimi Hendrix

If you did not think those paintings were that great, you should see him live. He painted the Jimi Hendrix one UPSIDE DOWN!!!!! I was in awe. Though I am a little disillusioned after looking him up on youtube and seeing he has painted a couple paintings before. But here is another video of his work. And I think he even went to Sheldon High School.



It was a good show. I wished I had paid to see the show instead of saw it for free. It was great. I need to go see shows more often.

---christina.

No comments:

Post a Comment