Thursday, May 8, 2008

one more day.

Tests represent fear-based learning, the opposite of learning based on desire.
-Colman McCarthy

Yesterday, I spent like four hours going over 150 years of US history with Karina, Michelle and Maggie. Hanh came and studied with us for an hour but she was pretty damn drained from her AP CAL test yesterday. Augh one more day till the AP US history test!! I think I am ready. But yeah I am pretty damn tired now. We studied from like 4-8. Then everyone left my house, I did my chores (my mother does not understand the "stress" I go through and I have no time for chores right now) and ate dinner. Then had to do my homework. Why do teachers not UNDERSTAND that we have ap tests and they shouldn't assign homework because we are all trying to CRAM. I fell asleep doing my homework, but I woke up and finished it. Then went to bad at like 11:30 but I couldn't even fall asleep. Then I woke up kind of late this morning, I was really tempted to ask my parents to let me sleep in first period. But they would say no..

I found this really cool website. It is one of those internet projects that get around blogs and the web and are done all over the world. People put all the stuff from their pockets, purses, etc and put in on their scanner and put their face on it. I wish I could do it, but my scanner is broken. And I probably would not have as much cool stuff as these peoples. Just random pieces of gross paper, post-its, pens that are not even usable anymore, etc.

Author: hdc
Occupation: designer
Description: mentos candy, mobile phone, i.tech R35 Bluetooth stereo clip headset, skateboard model, saber, PSP, Doraemon figure, watch, groovisions figure, xbox360, swiss army knife

It was in Russian.

Author: Alexander Vinogradov
Occupation: Designer
Description: pixel, Stride Gum wrappers, computer mouse,orange triangles, blue shoe laces, green Memo ideapad, lime green Chuck Taylors high tops, ebony layout pencil, Motorola Razr, human fingers, Hemp lip balm.


Author: Hyke Beaverhousen
Occupation: Fashion Design student
Description: ticket for a festival with The Killers / Arctic Monkeys, gum, brazilian money, pills, Converse tag, Mark Ryden button, cherry's button, iPod, mobile phone, keys, earphones, pencils, my picture, Girl Sex sticker, mini bag, Nivea Young Control.

Well yesterday, in one of those random spurts of relaxation or off topic discussion, we were whining about how life is hard and we have spent a majority of our life studying. And how we worry about when we will actually get time to enjoy life. Hanh wants to be a business major and she is like yeah I am going to be corporate ladder and carrying a baby at the same time. Where as, Karina and I are going into science/medicine area. Michelle is going to be a kickass lawyer, and Maggie is going to be an engineer. Power women yes. But man what a headache to think of. Do you think it is bad we take a year after high school? I think so because I want to finish college and graduate school before I TURN 30! But it is freaking crazy. We can't tell how time will go and if we will follow those career paths. We could be living in the country at age 25 and being farmer wives because we are sick of these high stressful lives. It is kind of sad. I think we have lost that kind of mindset where life is easy and happy. That is why I get really frustrated with those people who say things like they want to live in the country and live the simple life. I say "what why?", and I feel like a really dumb materialistic person but after seeing my parents, I really don't want to end up like them. I want to be happy and happiness can mean materialism.

Sometimes I wonder if we just make life sound harder than it really is.

Throw off your chains, students. You have nothing to lose but your backpacks.
-Colman McCarthy




----- christina.


No comments:

Post a Comment