Friday, March 7, 2008

today.

so today i participated in this “project runway” for my school’s renaissance rally. the rally theme was reality tv, so they had a “project renaissance” for us. there were six contestants, including myself, and we had fourty-five minutes to make an outfit out of scratch (like on project runway!). it was actually really ridiculous. we had to supply our own fabric and people even brought in sewing machines! the only thing i brought in was a glue gun, fabric, shoes, and leggings. i think i did a pretty decent job for the “fourty-five” minutes we were given… but i think the other contestants did a lot better than me. so i guess you could say that i was pretty freaking surprised when i found out i had won! but yeah, i did. and i burned my hands about five times just to get that prize too, so i guess i’m happy i won. I’m going to get two tickets to senior ball, which I’m going to exchange for $70 :) ahhh, i’d go into the details of the whole thing, but i’m kind of tired. just know.. that i used a lot of staples to put that dress together and a lot of hot glue gunning. no sewing at all! hah, how lame, i know! i had also forgotten to measure her (my friend mai’s) booty so there was a big upside down V in the back of her butt, because there wasn’t enough fabric to cover it. haha. it was sexy though. and although I don’t think my outfit was the best, i know it looks better in person, than it does in these pictures. i had a jump rope, two pieces of ribbons, and artificial flowers that I had to incorporate into my dress… hopefully you can see that in there. i did such a bad job, really. that dress was falling off of mai. lol. but i let her keep it, since she liked it so much.




we went to this french film festival on a fieldtrip last thursday and watched this movie called L’esquive. i thought it was a pretty good movie, but a lot of people didn’t like it. i liked the fact that it showed me a whole entire side of france and french culture i had never even really thought about! but i guess some people didn't find it too appealing. it was different. today i found out from melanie though, that it’s won about twelve awards in france! and that kinda blew my mind, although it didn't, all at the same time. (haha, i just checked youtube, and they actually have the whole movie up.)

well, before the movie actually started, there were these two cute short films. I really liked this one called Clik Clak. I didn’t really understand it… but it was cute and sad. this one i found on youtube is in english, so maybe you'll get it better than i did the first time.


today is, my mother's birthday.
happy birthday mom! today is my half birthday.
today is my second month anniversary.



signed
pachia, la fille.

No comments:

Post a Comment