Tuesday, March 11, 2008

feelings of spring.

The weather hasn't been very springy, but I have slight allergies lately. Which I hate! But spring is around the corner. It really is.



My parody for Catcher in the Rye for our English AP 11 assignment.

So if you really want to know, I am supposed to write a parody about Catcher in the Rye, and I have to write it on any subject that Holden would find "thought-provoking". Like anything Holden thinks about is "thought-provoking". For one thing, he talks about sex for like a thousand pages in the book and he doesn't even do it! I mean do you remember the part where he gets a freaking prostitute in his grubby hotel room and he just ends up being emotional like a girl and doesn't want to do it. Yeah you probably don't remember. But anyway, Holden makes me mad. Do you want to know why? Because he is a whiny baby that is why. He whines about his "lousy" childhood and his boo-hoo life and him failing like every freaking school he goes to but who gives a crap. I mean think about everyone else in the world. They have worse lives than him for chrissakes and he is some sniffy little upper-side rich kid from New York with a fancy apartment back home and at least he can afford to smoke a couple packs a day. Think about the bums who can barely beg for a smoke. They probably have to like pick up little cigarette stubs that people drop and try and smoke that. Holden shouldn't even be smoking anyway. He is only like sixteen. What kind of mother raises her child to be like that. Bad mothers that is for sure. Well there are bad mothers everywhere. Sometimes I even think my own mother is a bad mother. Maybe it is just because she is my mother. But Holden, the way he goes on about people is damn annoying. The one thing that really grinds my gears i when he talks about phonies. If there ever was a phony, Holden sure is one. He is one of those phonies who label every single person a phony and acts just like a phony, you would what I mean?Those kinds of phonies are especially the worst. First he labels his roommate a phony, the girl he used to like a phony, his mom, his teacher, etc. Pretty much everyone is a phony to him. even he is a phony. in fact he is the biggest phony. but I can understand what he means by a phony. Except the phonies I see are the ones who spend day and night worrying about their future, spending most of their time on homework, always trying to work the system and get to a good school, and always trying to be number one. Those kinds of phonies I hate the most. But I am one of them. Except I am not a very good phony like them. I am smart, but not very smart. But don't those phonies every realize, we just gotta live life. Like we just have to take a breath of fresh air. Like we don't have to worry too much about the future. Like that we can actually enjoy learning. Maybe that is just me. And maybe I am just crazy like that. That I actually enjoy not being number one as long as I learn just as much. But sometimes I wonder how many people see how phony I am. And maybe I am just crazy like that. But who really cares? People just acre about themselves. And sometimes they should. And sometimes they shouldn't. I mean if no one cared for each other, what would happen to the world? Something would for sure. Something would for sure. Only God knows what. And that thought itself is a little bit scary. Maybe just a little.

New Video with TOP
"IM SORRY" - Gummy ft. TOP



TOP is quite hot but yes another lame Korean music video. Disappointing ending. Korean people need new ideas for cool videos.

--christina.

No comments:

Post a Comment