Thursday, March 27, 2008

songs that i can listen to over and over.

I was listening to my little sister's mp3 today and we both download a ton of songs and she actually listens to them ALL and picks out the best ones and puts them on her mp3 so most of her songs are the best picks. Gawd my sister is listening to better music than me. Whenever I get on the computer I just play all my music in my files at random but for some reason I usually don't hear the new songs at random. For some reason, I like music but I usually tune out the lyrics. I don't always listen to the lyrics. I know it is dumb for those crazy music fanatics who know every word and every beat to their favorite songs but that is how I listen to music. I am more for the rhythm and the beat than the lyrics. I remember in middle school I had a friend who was crazy over Eminem and she knew all the lyrics to his songs AND when he would take a breath between raps. Pretty crazy right? I am a fan of certain artists but I have never been a CRAZY fan who stalks that artist's webpage/myspace/forum constantly. I really cannot focus so much devotion for one artist. I can be fangirly but looking at certain fangirls online on forums, I am a bit jealous. I can never be that devoted to an artist. I truely would love to meet certain artists but I probably wouldn't deserve it as much as some crazy fangirls who really obsess over them. But I do respect devoted fans. They have a passion for their favorite artist. And that makes me a bit jealous. I have never had a passion for a certain person ever. I think. I've had close feelings but not as near close as some people.

Anyways, back to lyrics. When I do actually stop and listen to the lyrics of songs, they are amazing. It opens a whole new world. I am really astounded by people who write songs. I wish I could. I mean first to think of the WORDS then to think of how the WORDS go with MELODIES and to make the WORDS COME ALIVE. It is truely amazing. And to think that those words that turns into a song actually brings a meaning to other people. It is crazy.

Well here are my little picks that I love.



I love the Strokes. Not a true passion but I have a great fondness for them. They are unique to me. They have this sound that bring memories. Julian Casablancas' voice reminds me of last year, sophmore year. It reminds me of Marie Antoinette (the movie haha), talking to Vivian (I listened to them after hearing them on her myspace), fall to spring, Amelie (the movie), Science of Sleep (the movie), going to Min's house, summer shorts.



Not sure where my little sister found this band but I like their sound. Though looking at their lyrics, they are a bit repetitive.



I really can play this song over and over again. Though I kind of get annoyed by their voices in most of their songs. I really love this song. I remember this being one of my myspace songs last year.



So I am slowly becoming a fan of Kate Voegele. Though to me she has a sort of country voice but she has more soul than twangy countryness. She has passion in her voice. And I love any ballady song with piano alone.



I like the original with Cee-lo too but here is a special version with Se7en. This is a really good dancing song. Gets me really hyphed when I'm in the car.




I am not a big fan of Jonas Brothers but I LOOOOOOVVVEEE THIS SONG!!! I know Jonas Brothers are really teen boppy and everything and yeah I did not really care much for them until I actually saw this song on Disney (YES I WATCH DISNEY...i have younger siblings). Pachia posted the actual version a couple posts back but here is the acapella. I like the regular version better but the acapella really shows off their voices. Though sometimes I get annoyed by Joe's kind of..."whiny" voice like how it isnt really smooth and sounds like nails on a chalkboard in the beginning when he is like "ooohh yeahhh" but t hen he breaks into the smooth " if the heart is always searching...". But yeah I am becoming a teeny boppy fan of them. But yeah the LYRICS to this song are freaking HEART TOUCHING. Love it. But yeah the second one is the FIRST VERSION when they were younger. Nick's voice is all undeveloped. How did Joe's voice get so annoying now?



That Apologize song does not do One Republic justice. After listening to several of their songs, I really like One Republic style. The style of their songs are similar with that slow powerful songs with great lyrics. I love the part "all I need is the air i breathe, and a place to rest my head". Beautiful song.



Dude, Maroon 5 are freaking sexy. Adam Levine's voice is freaking sexy. Augh this songs makes me want to make babies with this man. It has sex appeal. Haha. I like the song a lot.


I love music. They give me warm cuddly feelings. Augh must continue to study for mid-terms tomorrow :(.

-CHRISTINA


No comments:

Post a Comment