Sunday, April 19, 2009

Random Monday Stuff ...

Okay, I’m just going to go ahead and say it. I know a lot of people enjoy following celebrities on Twitter and try to get them to respond but, I’m finding middle aged men who are following and responding to Miley Cyrus just a leetol creepy. I don’t know, maybe it’s just me though.

--

Have you guys seen HBO’s teaser poster for Season 2 of “True Blood?”
Photobucket

--

I have long believed that networks need to stop with the extreme close ups of athletes during sporting events. I know they think it helps build drama, but I think it’s disaster waiting to happen. And, I hope this screen grab of San Francisco Giants pitcher Barry Zito helps make my case …
Photobucket

--

I don’t know if the health care reform that we might get will be a single-payer system or what, but there is one thing that I really, REALLY hope is included in it. I hope that the government will pay for some people to have those sticks removed from their butts. Cause there are A LOT of people out there who have no fucking sense of humor whatsoever. A LOT. And personally? I’m sick of them.

--

Call me cynical but I’m a bit skeptical of this whole Susan Boyle thing. She is the nice, matronly looking lady that showed up on Britain’s Got Talent and wowed everyone who was stunned that someone who doesn’t look like Britney Spears can actually sing. Not that Britney can actually sing, but you know what I mean.

Anyway, the thing that annoys me about this is the “OMG an ugly person can sing!” bullshit. It’s pretty similar to the “OMG a really pretty girl is good at math” or “OMG an articulate black man” thing. They’re all annoying as hell.

But, I’m not skeptical that Ms. Boyle can actually sing beautifully. I’m skeptical of the way this all came about. I just can’t buy they whole “she came out of nowhere” line. It’s all too perfect for Simon Cowell and the gang. She comes out of nowhere and wows everyone and suddenly becomes a world-wide sensation? Yeah, this is looking like some really brilliant marketing to me.

Although I agree that she has a beautiful voice. Even if I do think we’re being punked a little here.

And BTW, someone at the NY Post agrees with me.

--

It was dog show weekend here in Redneckville and it was considerably smaller than last year’s show. And last year’s show was considerably smaller than two years ago. I don’t know why it has been getting smaller each year, but it sucks.

And it kind of sucks because a lot of people don’t want us taking pictures of their dogs. I guess they think it distracts them and they lose focus or something. It’s bad enough that these dog owners are such snobs, but griping about cameras when not actually showing the dog is a little silly.

Anyway, here’s one of the few I was able to take. It’s an Australian Shepherd…
IMG_0279


Which reminds me …
Photobucket

Mellow Yellow Monday is brought to us by Drowsey Monkey.

None of these thing listed in bright yellow lettering were actually available here…
IMG_0269

So I got the chicken nuggets, fries and Sprite (which she said was Sierra Mist) for only $7.50!
IMG_0267

(notice the touch of yellow on the Sprite can?)

No comments:

Post a Comment