Monday, February 22, 2010

Honest To God Review: Seward Park


Another honest to God, real live, review that was sent to me from Seattle. This is a review of Seward Park that was posted by someone who calls themselves "Hotncray Z" on YELP. (Moment of silent tribute to the beauty of that word. I am going to create my own cocktail, made of Tequila, Jager, Bubblegum Vodka and Pomegranate Juice and call it a Yelp. Thinking I'll have to drink it in Whoville for the full effect.)

Seward Park
5902 Lake Washington Boulevard S., Seattle, WA 98118
Reviewed by Hotncray Z.

My sanity is manufactured here in the form of endogenous opioid polypeptide compounds.

I have to run around the peninsula a couple of times in order to collect it - but I don't mind. I drag my big jelly ass around the trail and smile at the puppies, search the west shore of Mercer Island for Paul Allen's compound, pretend for a minute that I'm running through the woods and enjoy the shade or shelter afforded me by the Evergreen cover, and conjure things like the word "Badassica" in my endorphin addled little pea-brain.

After I've wanted to quit three or four times and sprinted up the trail past the playground, just when I think my heart may explode in my chest, there's the big old lake and all it's prettiness, and aren't we all so lucky this shit is free? I mean, JESUS GOD IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE YOU LAKE!! I LOVE YOU RHODENDENDRON BUSH!!! HELLO MR. CHERRY BLOSSOM AND MISS TULIP!!! I LOVE YOU ALL SO FUCKING MUCH!!

I can't believe I actually used to pay for drugs.


Words of the day: Yelp and Badassica. I triple dog dare you to use them both in the same sentence.

* * *
Related Links:
Honest To God Review: The Secret Saved My Life

No comments:

Post a Comment