Monday, December 14, 2009

Week in Review


I started getting really overwhelmed this week thinking that all my usual holiday-ish things are not going to happen. And that makes me sad. And sorta frustrated.
Instead of doing my annual ornament & holiday card for WhiMSy love, I guess I'll have to go big for Valentines Day.
I had such a cool idea for a super neato project in the shop for Christmas, but that didn't happen. Guess I'll save it for next year.
 I'm not getting my Christmas cards out on time this year: The cards are not bought, the annual Christmas letter is not even composed in my tired & cramped little brain & the holiday photo of the girls hasn't even been snapped. New Year's cards are cool too though, right?
Handmade presents for family & friends are non-existent this year. Too much unpacking & not enough crafting. I'm doing last-minute online handmade prezzies though. So, they're handmade, just not by me. And that is OK!
I'm lucky if I have time to squeeze in my traditional sugar cookie baking with the girls. Christmas shopping will commence tomorrow. I've never waited until this late. It just wasn't possible before now. Moving has been harder than I thought. Ugh.
It's beginning to be a bit emotional thinking about being apart from my family. Especially this time of year. Double ugh. I think I'm getting the Christmas blues...

No comments:

Post a Comment