Wednesday, December 30, 2009

R.I.P WWC ...

So the Christmas season is over. Finally. And just like that it’s suddenly creepy if I put on a red suit, hang out at the mall and let little girls sit on my lap. Weird, huh?

It’s kind of strange. For 11 months out of the year, parents teach their kids not to talk to strangers and how to know if someone it touching you when and where they shouldn’t. But all of the sudden like, the day after Thanksgiving parents are taking their kids to the mall and putting them on the lap of a homeless man making $50 a day plus free lunch who smells like Wild Irish Rose and stale urine. Weird.


Anyway, time for WWC again! …


(click for a link to see everyone who plays regularly)

You can join WWC here, or on Facebook or on Flickr.

Brought to us by the creative and cool Tink, formerly of Pickled Beef. This weeks word's are "Seven" and "Photojournalism."

Also, last week’s words were Bear and Out of Place.

Bear Creek Springs…
IMG_1715

One of these places is out of place cause it’s kind of mean to put a donut place right next to a Curves…
cruel

The Pink Party Girls Limo looks a little out of place on the road …
IMG_1368


Snow was kind of out place on the first White Christmas here since I was Seven
xmassnow

Okay, so it was only a little dusting of snow and we’ve probably had a white Christmas since I was seven. Whatever. Work with me here people.



The most consistent thing about this blog over the almost FOUR YEARS, other than its lameness and a rather creepy fascination with Giada de Laurentiis’ glorious and mesmerizing cleavage has been my participation in The Weekly Words Challenge.

The WWC was originally created by a dude named “Odd Mix.” I was reading his blog and visiting the people who first participated in WWC and thinking that it looked like fun. Then when Tink joined I decided I should too. After a while Odd Mix had less and less time to blog and asked Tink if she would take over the WWC. She agreed and has done a wonderful job of hosting ever since.

My first WWC entry was on May 22, 2006. You can go back and see it RIGHT HERE.

Next week will be my 134th entry in the WWC. And my last.

After two terrific years of hosting the WWC Tink has decided to bring it all to an end. In an effort to keep it alive, she asked me if I would like to take over hosting duties. I considered it for a bit but decided that I too was ready to move on.

I’ve considered doing different things with this blog. Possibly making it more focused and even a “theme blog” of some kind. I even considered moving it to a new location, maybe Word Press, and giving it a new name. But, I think that’s much to confining for me and I couldn’t come up with a new name that I liked. So, for 2010 I think the only change I’m going to make is to end my participation in the WWC. Tink has decided to leave the WWC page on Facebook up and if someone wants to jump in there and post a challenge they are welcome to do so. Maybe I’ll play along if I feel like it.

So anyway, I want to thank Odd Mix for starting the WWC and Tink for her awesome hosting abilities over the last almost three years. And I want to thank everyone else who played along with us. Y’all are some pretty damn creative and talented folks.

The words for the last WWC are Five and Red

No comments:

Post a Comment